Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Road Racing Car Pics. (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Road Racing Car Pics.
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anybody know a good site that has really nice pics of some really nice road racers? I think road race cars make some of the best pictures for cars. They seem to always sit really nice to the ground with big ass tires. Looks good. TIA.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you pics of them in the pits, or running on the track. Most of the pics I have on track kinda suck. But got a few decent ones of them in the pits.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://americanironwest.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=general

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:

I really like the Vids, those were pretty cool. I would like to do something like that but I think the road racing gig is a little more involved then I want to get, plus I would have to buy another car to strip down [burnout]

Oh yeah I like the pics that are in Action!

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can have fun with a stock 5.0 / gt autocrossing, theres no law that says you have to go big or stay home...

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
you can have fun with a stock 5.0 / gt autocrossing, theres no law that says you have to go big or stay home...

so that's why you've been laggin on your 26"s?

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:

I really like the Vids, those were pretty cool. I would like to do something like that but I think the road racing gig is a little more involved then I want to get, plus I would have to buy another car to strip down [burnout]

Oh yeah I like the pics that are in Action!

Actually Road Racing, well Open Tracking isn't all about big HP, and flashy stuff. In the beginning levels of Open tracking its primaraly you learning your car, the abilities of your car, and yourself. With NASA (a organization I would recomend to beginners) They have 4 stages in what they call HPDE. High Performance Driving Experience. Notice it says nothing about racing. Thats becuase its not, You get to take your car, hit up a real road course, not some cone parking lot track, and get the chance to learn how to drive your car to the extreme limits while in a safe manor.

In Group 1, where you would begin they have an Instructor ride along with you to help teach you the correct line around the track. They will show you braking points, where to enter and exit the corners, and give you a complete rundown of how to get around the track the correct way. There is limited passing to only select straights to avoid having someone dive bomb you in corners and possibly hit you. Then afer every session you have mandatory download sessions where they get everyone who was out there at the same time with you together, and they discuss how things went, if people did something wrong or went off the track, they go over with them what happened, and how to avoid it happening again. Then as you progress out of 1 and into 2, you have the option of having the instructor with you or not. Passing rules are the same as group 1. To get into 3 you have to prove you can drive the line of the track at race speeds, and do it cleanly. In 3 passing is more open and it progresses to fully open by the end of the day. In 4 its closer to real racing, you have a full open track. Still in any group contact is takin seriously. Its not allowed, and any contact that happens has to be reported, so they can determine what happened. Plus since its a driving school, any accident that happens at the track can still be claimed through your insurance. Remember its a driving school, not racing school.

If you are interested Nov.13th, there is an event at thunderhill, we will be there. IF you want to go and try it out, we could help with any questions you may have or what not. Also, we give ride alongs sometimes.

Check out my site in my sig, its got all the info you should need. If you wanna try the event click on the date under upcoming events, and you can click on the track name for track website and info. [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

darien87
¯
Member # 2022

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darien87  Ford pictures for darien87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I am new to road racing and would like to give it a try. What are the rules and car requirements to Thunderhill and Buttonwillow? Do you need a driving suit and helmet? I assume they have gas there at the track if you need it?
Posts: 206 | From: South Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Well at both tracks they do have gas available, I would suggest if you aren't on race gas, come with a full tank. Like I said in an earlier post usually a good organization to get into is NASA. They are probably one of the more organized groups you can run with. They have a great page to help clear up info here. I'm New. For beginners, you need a Snell 95 helmet or newer, preferably Snell 2000. Pants, closed toe shoes required, long sleeve shirt suggested. Suit is if you are in Level 4. But the forst 3 groups which take a few track events at least to get through you can slip by without one. They suggest you tech your car before you come. There are lots of places around the area to get it done. SOme of the ones we support, would be AlteredSpeed in French Camp, GNJ Motorsports in Milpitas, and I believe APEX Motorsports in Santa Clara now does it.
Here is a page telling about how to get your car ready. Prepping your car.
Heres a list of current tech locations too.
Tech locations
And when you goto a tech station you will need to print this form out and bring it with you.
HPDE Tech form
After that, just show up to the track, and there will be a morning meeting, and any questions beyond that, either and instructor, or an offical can answer them for you.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Well at both tracks they do have gas available, I would suggest if you aren't on race gas, come with a full tank. Like I said in an earlier post usually a good organization to get into is NASA. They are probably one of the more organized groups you can run with. They have a great page to help clear up info here. I'm New. For beginners, you need a Snell 95 helmet or newer, preferably Snell 2000. Pants, closed toe shoes required, long sleeve shirt suggested. Suit is if you are in Level 4. But the forst 3 groups which take a few track events at least to get through you can slip by without one. They suggest you tech your car before you come. There are lots of places around the area to get it done. SOme of the ones we support, would be AlteredSpeed in French Camp, GNJ Motorsports in Milpitas, and I believe APEX Motorsports in Santa Clara now does it.
Here is a page telling about how to get your car ready. Prepping your car.
Heres a list of current tech locations too.
Tech locations
And when you goto a tech station you will need to print this form out and bring it with you.
HPDE Tech form
After that, just show up to the track, and there will be a morning meeting, and any questions beyond that, either and instructor, or an offical can answer them for you.

[patriot] thanks!

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If anyone wants something a little more mellow than Nasa they can try http://www.norcal-saac.org/ or http://www.greenflagdriving.com/ I've run with both these clubs many times and really like the kicked back style. In these clubs you'll tend to find more of an older crowd with nicer cars. Nicer cars = folks driving extremely safe. Keep in mind these two clubs keep a very good safety record because they are very strict with on course conduct. Nasa is a great club and I plan on running with them but to be honest if I was open tracking a daily driver I would prefer these two clubs because you'll be driving with nicer cars and stricter rules. Nasa has many guys running beater cars and one is less likely to care about a beater car trading paint on the track. Just my .02
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

I'll be honest, my dad had someone come into contact with him at sears point. The guy moved over accrossed his fender. NASA took it extremly serious. Both of them were questioned in how it happened, we happen to run a video camera, and it caught it all. After footage was looked at they do what they can to make sure the responsible persons insurance takes care of it. In this case since the other driver was at fault, he was also suspended from NASA for 1 year. They don't take things as light as people think. Also things like that happen more often at Sears Point where they tend to draw larger groups. Places like Thunderhill, Buttonwillow, or Reno they are luck to even fill up each group. The other clubs are nice, but also tend to cost alot more per entry. Typical NASA event is about $150, where others can be $200-300. For the same amount of track time. Others also, don't work with Insurance companies in case of an accident. Just remember no mater what form of driving, accident can happen. Whether it be at a drag strip, auto-x, or open track. Motorsports are dangerous, and should be treated as such. Just a few things to keep in mind. [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very true, it's tough to beat Nasa when it comes to price for their track days. I know a lot has been done in recent years to avoid on course mis-conduct. I think you'll find some of the most experienced drivers running with Nasa and some of the best driving instructors around. I tend to think that they got dubbed as a paint trading club awhile back and it's taken quite a lot of effort to weed out those types of drivers. Another bonus with Nasa is they run tons of track days while other smaller clubs tend to brake for winter months.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a guy that lives in the house on the corner in my neighborhood has a NASA track only car, it looks like a wedge and is blue/red/white (mostly blue).

you guys know (of) him?

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

does the car have a roof or is it open cockpit?

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

1sicgt: thanks a ton for the info, I don't know if I want to run my current car in a course just cause of the fact it is in Great condition for a fox and I would Die even if I rubbed a front fender a tiny bit. I think this might be something I would really think about getting into next year and buy another fox speciefic for road racing. I love Drag racing a lot, but there is nothing like hanging a corner right on the egde of the cars limits, very exciting.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Hey its all good Frank. In group 1, you wouldn't even have to worry about it. But its cool. Just let me know when you are interested in going, and we can help you out. [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
does the car have a roof or is it open cockpit?

its an open cockpit car, I also see a mini indy car type thing at his house from time to time, its light blue and open cockpit/wheel.

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

The first one sounds like it could be a radical. Hmmm, I'll look for it next time we are out when they are.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

darien87
¯
Member # 2022

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darien87  Ford pictures for darien87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet. Thanks for all the info!!!

FYI, there's no such word as "acrossed". [Wink]

Posts: 206 | From: South Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcm3man  Ford pictures for jcm3man  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good info Jon...

Thanks for the plug with the tech inspection.

BTW I can help out with any events in NOV, DEC.

Let me know what your plans are.

Check out my website... some big news!!!

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com
Diablosport, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, etc.

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
Anybody know a good site that has really nice pics of some really nice road racers? I think road race cars make some of the best pictures for cars. They seem to always sit really nice to the ground with big ass tires. Looks good. TIA.

Sticking to the original posters request:
 -
Johnny [patriot]

Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
kpl
¯
Member # 1879

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kpl  Ford pictures for kpl  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that looks like Stan's old car....I always thought how much better those look without all the Saleen graphics.

--------------------
Kevin

Posts: 83 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kpl:
that looks like Stan's old car....I always thought how much better those look without all the Saleen graphics.

It is his old car [Wink] which is mine now.
JOhnny

Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Cool lookin ride bud [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com