Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Brake Pad Recomendation

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Brake Pad Recomendation
FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone here use hawk HPS pads?
What about the HPS Plus?

Just wondering wich one I should go with.

Cars mainly street driven with once a month autox activity.

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
DaveG
¯
Member # 1606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveG  Ford pictures for DaveG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I use Porterfield R4S with my Alcon's. Great for opentrack events. Rotor friendly too.
http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/

--------------------
DaveG
96-0029 S-351
Supercharged Speedster
613rwhp, 633rwtq

bobh
¯
Member # 1495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobh  Ford pictures for bobh  Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've used their street pads for years with very good results.
I did switch to the Plus pads awhile ago. Hawk says they are noisy, dusty, and don't last as long. I've noticed the squeaking; haven't had a problem with dust really. I wanted better track performance though I haven't been out enough yet to say whether it's worth it.
So you should decide if the noise it worth it. Are you running OEM pads now? Are you experiencing brake fade?

--------------------
97 Cobra, 87 GT vert, 99 SHO
Auto Performance Pages

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im not to worried about noise as I am of dust.

This weekend was just terrible when it came to fading by the time I got to the end of the track the only way to really get her to slow down was to downshift. Im running stock OEM pads.

Bob, Have you driven hard on the plus atleast on the street?

Dave I will be looking more into those pads thanks. [patriot]

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you still runnin the stock brakes?...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ya still got the stock brakes

They fade like a mofo [Frown]

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Ford pictures for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd recommend the HPPlus in the front, as well as some hi-performance rear shoes. I have both in stock. Email me (bill@apexmotorsports.com) for more info and CAFords pricing!

--------------------
Bill Kaiser
APEX Motorsports
Santa Clara
www.apexmotorsports.com
408-562-1000
bill@apexmotorsports.com

Posts: 488 | From: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
FordPny
¯
Member # 510

I sent you an email.

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hit me up al, i have a couple of options for you! [patriot]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Im heading up to Maiers tommorow morning, this post is like a month old and you replay to it the day im going to go pick up the pads. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com