Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » NorCal Shelby Club Mini-Nats

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NorCal Shelby Club Mini-Nats
rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shely Club will be @ Sears this weekend, there should be some nice cars, even a Vintage Drag Exhibition for you boring people:

The Nor Cal Region of the Shelby American Automobile Club proudly presents its 20th Annual Mini-Nats Convention. Recognized as “The Western Event” for Ford enthusiasts, Mini-Nats is the largest West Coast gathering of Cobras, Shelby Mustangs, GT40s, Sunbeam Tigers, DeTomaso Panteras, Mustangs of any vintage, and other high-performance Fords. Click the link above for all the details, online registration coming soon!

schedule

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Posts: 473 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 06, 2006, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

Roush97
¯
Member # 2303

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush97  Ford pictures for Roush97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went Saturday night. Carrol Shelby was there signing autographs and they had a banquet Saturday night. In addition to the open track, they also had drags on Sunday. There was a really cool purple 67 Mustang that ran a 9.0 at 149 mph!
Posts: 292 | From: Bay Area California | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Cobra 427
¯
Member # 755

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobra 427  Ford pictures for Cobra 427    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had a great time!!!

http://www.talisweb.com/gallery/showpic.cgi?dir=bdougr//Automotive/ShelbyMiniNats/Mustangs/grn-yel-gold/189&file=MiniNats_0520.JPG

http://www.talisweb.com/gallery/showpic.cgi?dir=bdougr//Automotive/ShelbyMiniNats/Cobras&file=MiniNats_0922.jpg

[ September 02, 2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Cobra 427 ]

Posts: 95 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice pictures, Elliot lent his car to a customer. I was in blue group:

http://www.talisweb.com/gallery/showpic.cgi?dir=bdougr//Automotive/ShelbyMiniNats/Mustangs/red/189&file=MiniNats_0042.JPG

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Cobra 427
¯
Member # 755

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobra 427  Ford pictures for Cobra 427    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rr_mustang:

http://www.talisweb.com/gallery/showpic.cgi?dir=bdougr//Automotive/ShelbyMiniNats/Mustangs/red/189&file=MiniNats_0042.JPG

Thanks... I guess I made a mistake reading the entry list and car number. Sorry.

BTW, what was Elliot up to? I didn't see him at all. I had a friend at SPIR that I wanted to introduce to him...

BTW, running in the Blue Group takes some pretty big "cahones" - those guy run fast! I shared paddock space with Scott (yellow Cobra 427 #108) and Peter (the lone Ferrari). Great guys, but d*mn, Scotty's really fast, like scarey fast.

Regards,
Randy R...

griffined
¯
Member # 1330

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for griffined  Ford pictures for griffined  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice pics! I found my R in the RED group, #154. It was a blast, but Sears Point always is fun. [Big Grin]

--------------------
2001 Cobra Vert #678 of 3384
269 SAE rwhp 279 Tq stock
2000 Cobra R #154 of 300
395 SAE rwhp 398 Tq
1986 Mustang SVO daily driver

Posts: 207 | From: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimbo  Ford pictures for Jimbo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That was a great event, so cool that they added drag racing this year. Meeting Carroll Shelby and getting his autograph wasnt bad either, lol. Best of all it was totally FREE!!!

--------------------
1965 Mustang Coupe
EFI, 302ci, T-5, 3.70's.
Click for My Mustang Pics

Posts: 352 | From: Castro Valley,CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ahd a lot of fun watching. I like free events like that

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Roush97
¯
Member # 2303

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush97  Ford pictures for Roush97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

This is my girlfriend's dad's '65 replica, its an awesome car. Her brother is driving in this pic. He has a Roush S3 and a '65 GT350 Fastback as well that he is restoring and her dad has a real '68 GT500KR awaiting restoration.

[ September 03, 2003, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Roush97 ]

--------------------
FS: 1997 Roush Stage 1 GT; 03 cobra engine, T56, and IRS. 415rwhp, 445rwtq----SOLD

Posts: 292 | From: Bay Area California | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
fozz
¯
Member # 2459

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fozz  Ford pictures for fozz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great pics!!!
that 65' rep' is hot....and the king of the road will be hot too [Eek!]

[ September 03, 2003, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: fozz ]

rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 427:
quote:

Thanks... I guess I made a mistake reading the entry list and car number. Sorry.

BTW, what was Elliot up to? I didn't see him at all. I had a friend at SPIR that I wanted to introduce to him...

BTW, running in the Blue Group takes some pretty big "cahones" - those guy run fast! I shared paddock space with Scott (yellow Cobra 427 #108) and Peter (the lone Ferrari). Great guys, but d*mn, Scotty's really fast, like scarey fast.

Regards,
Randy R...

"cahones" or horsepower, no big difference really.

Scott has about 740hp in that Nascar motor that he ha$. In the turns - no big deal, but the straightways are an issue.

Are you going to Buttonwillow with Green Flag?

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Cobra 427
¯
Member # 755

Scott's running an aluminum 460 producing about 725hp N/A - a little $rich$ for my blood!

Sorry, Buttonwillow's a little too far for this old man, but I've got plans to be a T-Hill next month [Big Grin]

What kinda lap times were you running on the long track @ Sear's? I'm thinking of moving up from Red to Green, 'cause I was running a consistant 2:05 to 2:09 in Open Track (no slow traffic), and I was getting really tired of the slow traffic and lack of "track etiquette".

See ya,
Randy R...

[ September 05, 2003, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: Cobra 427 ]

FORDNUT
CAFords OG
Member # 2348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FORDNUT  Ford pictures for FORDNUT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When is the next get to gather like this?
Hope to be doing that some day in my fastback.

any info? thanks.

Posts: 650 | From: Elk Grove,CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Cobra 427
¯
Member # 755

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobra 427  Ford pictures for Cobra 427    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FORDNUT:
When is the next get to gather like this?
Hope to be doing that some day in my fastback.

any info? thanks.

For Nor Cal Shelby Club events, check out: http://www.norcal-saac.org/
rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Green Flag Driving will be @ T-Hill this weekend as well as @ Laguna end of the month.

There is also TrackMasters Racing, who will be @ Sears Nov 9th.

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

quote:
65 fastback(scca racer) under construction

what class are you planning on running with the 65?

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

FORDNUT
CAFords OG
Member # 2348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FORDNUT  Ford pictures for FORDNUT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
65 fastback(scca racer) under construction

what class are you planning on running with the 65?
not sure yet.car still needs to be finished.
I would post pic's if i new how.
it's a 3rd owner car o.g black plates,very stright body,just had a 12pt cage with subs installed trying to get up enough nerve to cut the inside glass panels around the cage.
Currie 9in with 370's detroit locker,disc brakes
shelby glass hood,and front valance.ect.ect.

Posts: 650 | From: Elk Grove,CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
392rebel65
¯
Member # 3305

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 392rebel65  Ford pictures for 392rebel65    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 427:

Sorry, Buttonwillow's a little too far for this old man, but I've got plans to be a T-Hill next month [Big Grin]

you forgot about desolate, hot, ... hot, and err...desolate! "Heart of the cotton country" well the coton country is in the middle of nowhere! and its hot.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com