Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Charging problems....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Charging problems....
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So my damn verts alternator caught an internal fire at the plug of the alternator so I've replaced the plug and alternator to 3g. For some reason it's still not charging my damn system. Would there be a difference or would there be any harm if I can hook it up straight to the battery? I honestly think it was those shitty butt crimps it came with, I'm going to solder/heat shrink them after work.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The two thick black wires with an orange stripe merge into a single thicker wire that goes to a fusable link to the fender starter solenoid and then battery.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
The two thick black wires with an orange stripe merge into a single thicker wire that goes to a fusable link to the fender starter solenoid and then battery.

Yeah I got all that situated but I didn't splice the two back together I gave them both their own connector. Sorry I guess I didn't fully click on the new plug to the alternator so it popped off when I was driving. Simple dumbass mistake everything is good now! I'm still going to solder those wires though because I don't like having those splices like that. I was just in a rush to beat the rain last night so I didn't have time to solder everything all nicely. Thanks for the help though. [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com