Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Info about heater tube

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Info about heater tube
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Question about the heater tube. Im running a 347 stroker ford. Im not going to use the heater at all or AC. Do i really need that tube to be there or can i just use a bolt to cover it up???
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, you can run a bolt or either bypass with a hose. I would just go with the bolt so the motor could look clean.
Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Use thread seal on the bolts. The white stuff from any auto parts store is what you need.
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys. I went to a hardware store and got the 1/2 bolt. Work perfect and used the thread sealer as well. Works and looks great!
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont forget that there is a sensor that mounts to the heater tube.. it tells ur computer the temperature of ur motor/coolant.. without it the computer will automatically think its cold and run rich.. my car ran like shit without that sensor.. hooked the sensor back up and no more issues..

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
Dont forget that there is a sensor that mounts to the heater tube.. it tells ur computer the temperature of ur motor/coolant.. without it the computer will automatically think its cold and run rich.. my car ran like shit without that sensor.. hooked the sensor back up and no more issues..

is there anyway that you could run it without the heater tube like some plumbing things
ALMOST STOCK
¯
Member # 10085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALMOST STOCK  Ford pictures for ALMOST STOCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to any local hardware store and ask for a NPT (National Pipe Thread)1/2" to 3/8" reducer. I got mine at Home Depot
Posts: 94 | From: Cameron Park, Calif | Registered: Jun 2010  |  :
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

quote:
Originally posted by ALMOST STOCK:
Go to any local hardware store and ask for a NPT (National Pipe Thread)1/2" to 3/8" reducer. I got mine at Home Depot

Thank you I was just about to go there right now

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com