Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Craped out my PCM. Does anyone have a VCM II I could borrow or rent?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Craped out my PCM. Does anyone have a VCM II I could borrow or rent?
7-Up Man
¯
Member # 8345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7-Up Man  Ford pictures for 7-Up Man    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My smog cert is due in a month and I was in the middle of restoring the stock program when the writer tool crapped out in the middle of the write sequence. I have nothing now. I cannot even lock the doors or roll up the windows.

Does anyone have a VCM II I can borrow or rent. I see I can get the software from Ford, but need to tool to reflash the PCM.

Thank you for any help or advice.

--------------------
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." -Red Green

Posts: 93 | From: Walnut Creek | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your PCM shouldn't be toasted. Do an internet search on how to "UNBRICK" it. Contact the manufacturer of your write tool, they'll be very familiar with the process.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com