Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » SR Plenum Intake and Throttle Body

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: SR Plenum Intake and Throttle Body
PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyBoy415  Ford pictures for PonyBoy415    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On a New Edge are these mods considered smog legal or will they question the install? I didn't see any CARB numbers so I'm assuming they aren't.

--------------------
2013 GT500 Deep Impact Blue # 2878
2013 5.0 with TrackPack - Sold
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3
1989 5.0 LX Convertible - Sold

Posts: 356 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2014  |  :
macuser27
¯
Member # 14389

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macuser27  Ford pictures for macuser27    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not SMOG legal, but a tech might not know that. Really depends on where you take it to. However, it is easy enough to switch it out for the stock one when you need to.

Good to see another 415 New Edge owner. Almost all the Mustangs I see in the city are the 2015s.

PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyBoy415  Ford pictures for PonyBoy415    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I think I'm going to buy them both since they are on sale at AM.

I was never a New Edge but I gotta admit the body style grew on me.

--------------------
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3

93ex chp
¯
Member # 9016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ex chp  Ford pictures for 93ex chp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out the trickflow plenum. Carb legal plus looks better then the sr one
PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

So I ended up getting the trick flow plenum and 70 mm tb, both are smog legal with carb numbers so I'm very happy with that. Good looking out

--------------------
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3

PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Update: I installed my trickflow plenum and trickflow 70mm throttle body. The car runs really good now. A lot more pull and throttle response. The car use to be sluggish off the line, now she jumps out. I had already installed NGK plugs and MSD coil blasters and a KN drop in filter. Next up is Steeda pullies...love these Mod Motors and how they react to simple bolt ons [patriot]

[ 2016-06-21, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: PonyBoy415 ]

--------------------
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3

93ex chp
¯
Member # 9016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ex chp  Ford pictures for 93ex chp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With the pulleys you will notice it revs a bit faster!after your done with the mods get a tune on it. It wake it up even more!
quote:
Originally posted by PonyBoy415:
Update: I installed my trickflow plenum and trickflow 70mm throttle body. The car runs really good now. A lot more pull and throttle response. The car use to be sluggish off the line, now she jumps out. I had already installed NGK plugs and MSD coil blasters and a KN drop in filter. Next up is Steeda pullies...love these Mod Motors and how they react to simple bolt ons [patriot]

PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

quote:
Originally posted by 93ex chp:
With the pulleys you will notice it revs a bit faster!after your done with the mods get a tune on it. It wake it up even more!
quote:

I already have a SCT X4 tuner for my coyote...can I upload tunes to it for the New Edge also?

--------------------
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3

93ex chp
¯
Member # 9016

If you have a tune loaded for the coyote no you cant use it for the new edge. It will get married to that car until you return it to stock tune. Then you will be able to use it on other cars
quote:
quote:
quote:

I already have a SCT X4 tuner for my coyote...can I upload tunes to it for the New Edge also?

PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

quote:
If you have a tune loaded for the coyote no you cant use it for the new edge. It will get married to that car until you return it to stock tune. Then you will be able to use it on other cars
quote:
quote:
quote:

I am running the stock tune but the tuner has three tunes in there. Will I lose those tunes if I upload new ones ? How do I save the coyote tunes?

--------------------
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com