Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need help with power windows

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help with power windows
PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyBoy415  Ford pictures for PonyBoy415    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All of a sudden the rear passenger window won't go back up on my 2001 GT when I press the switch. Doesn't respond or make any noise at all. Suggestions please

[ 2016-05-08, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: PonyBoy415 ]

--------------------
2013 GT500 Deep Impact Blue # 2878
2013 5.0 with TrackPack - Sold
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3
1989 5.0 LX Convertible - Sold

Posts: 356 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2014  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Motor is probably dead.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuse blown? If not, take out the motor and probe its two wires with an OHM meter. It should read under 20 ohms. Closer to 5-10 ohms. If it reads in this range, the three plastic bushings inside the gear box could have cracked and binded. You can replace these bushings with large nuts of similar diameter. If the ohm meter reads high or open, the brushes have worn out. If you get a parts store replacement, spend extra for the model with the longest warranty.

[ 2016-05-10, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyBoy415  Ford pictures for PonyBoy415    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it possible the switch is out ??

--------------------
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, but not as common as a fuse, or the motor. Does the volt meter in your cluster slightly twitch when you try to move the band window up? What about the good window?
NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
disconnect the master switch on the driver side door and then try using the switch on the door that wont let the window go up. Also have someone try to pull up when holding the switch down.

Either the motor is bad, regulator binding, or the bushings are bad. These are the most common issues. Motor being the very most common.

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

So I ended up getting a new motor from AM and it didn't come with any instructions....can't find a link or video on how to remove and replace the rear passenger motor...is it different on a coupe versus a convertible ?
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PonyBoy415:
So I ended up getting a new motor from AM and it didn't come with any instructions....can't find a link or video on how to remove and replace the rear passenger motor...is it different on a coupe versus a convertible ?

Coupe rear window's don't roll down.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for PonyBoy415  Ford pictures for PonyBoy415    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
45 minutes later and she's done , piece of cake. Next thing I have to replace are the cylinders that raise and lower the roof , because I was able to see them leaking when I was pulling the motor.

--------------------
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com