Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 93 gt need help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 93 gt need help
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What up a have a 93 mustang gt and for a month or so now I've been have a sputter between 2-3000 rpm I've Put a new dizzy,cap,rotor,plugs,wires,fuel pump,filter and reg and new injectors new yellow top battery and alt and mass air and tps and tryed an diff ecu and it still does it any ideas
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome. Do you have a vacuum leak? Spray carb cleaner around the vacuum lines and if there is a leak, the RPMs will jump up as the engine burns the carb cleaner. Throwing parts at the problem is a slow, expensive way to fix problems. Pull the codes from the computer and do an injector balance test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVjvgnLUBzE

http://www.corral.net/tech/maintenance/eecivtest-balance.html

Post your results and we'll take it from there.

93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've done the codes and all I'm getting is egr that's cuz I have gt40p heads and don't have and of the vac lines hook up and they been off for 3 years now but I don't have and vac leaks I did a spray carb cleaner and nothing happened it started about two months ago after I change out my transmission
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is tricky. Do you still get the sputter when the gas pedal is floored? How violent is the sputter?
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

If you look on the alternator on the d plug there a green wire if I unplug it no more sputter but my battery won't charge and it's only from 2000-3000 rpm if I get on it it backfires around those rpms and if I just go ez you can feel it more
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it the Green/Red wire shown in the bottom left of this diagram?----- http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/fuel-alt-links-ign-ac.gif If it is not, which wire in the diagram is it?
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Yes that one I've tried a diff cluster and it still did the same I'm like stuck on it

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com