Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Electric fan for foxbody

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Electric fan for foxbody
93 interceptor
¯
Member # 9457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 interceptor  Ford pictures for 93 interceptor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Installing an aluminum 3 core radiator and was wondering what electric fan(s) to go with. It's going in a 93 notchback with h/c/i. What are some brand recommendations from personal experience?

Thanks in advance [patriot]

[ 2016-03-05, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: 93 interceptor ]

--------------------
1993 Ex-chp
" Drive it till da wheels FALL OFF and then SOME!!!

Riggidy
¯
Member # 14194

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Riggidy  Ford pictures for Riggidy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Taurus or mark viii fan from picknpull

[ 2016-03-06, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Riggidy ]

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I opted for brand new and got a Flexalite Black Magic Extreme. So far, worth every penny! Now if I can just get an SVE 3 core radiator that doesn't leak after 8 months, I'll be good. On my 3rd one now (and last time). [Roll Eyes]
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Marks93:
I opted for brand new and got a Flexalite Black Magic Extreme. So far, worth every penny! Now if I can just get an SVE 3 core radiator that doesn't leak after 8 months, I'll be good. On my 3rd one now (and last time). [Roll Eyes]

What radiator you going with of your current sve fails?

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I'm not that confident in the SVE one now..
Not sure. LMR has a Fluidyne for $400, they said they would let me transfer the cost of the SVE to the Fluidyne if I want to upgrade. AM has a Mishimoto for $255. I need to keep the depth to around 2" because my overflow bottle is only about 1/2" from my PS pump. I can probably modify the bracket a bit though. Both of those are 2.5" or more. I'm definitely open to suggestions....

Sorry to get off subject!!

Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a taurus fan came installed in my foxbody. it was conneceted with a manual switch that was wired correctly, and all was good...
then i decided to do away with the switch and get the lmr automatic fan switch which has a sensor that you screw into the thermostat housing. seemed legit, worked for a week maybe two then it started just blowing the fuse, i went with a bigger fuse too and same thing.
the cause was the taurus fan had too much of a draw at first start and that would cause it too blow.
sooooo if you put it on a manual switch all good, if you want an automatic switch it a no...

i did not bother with it, i just ordered a black magic fan with an automatic fan switch and optional manual toggle that can be used simetaneously.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh yea, i also just bought and installed a sve radiator and proform electric fan back in december for my wifes notch that we already sold.
the sve aluminum radiator was great in all ways, no problem at all...
as for the proform fan i would NOT buy ever again. the sensor sits at the top of the radiator and barely even touches the sve radiator. the weird thing was it was causing car to overheat but the radiator was cold where the sensor sat therfore the fan did not ever come on...
sooooo we hooked up to a manual toggle switch and all was fine...

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
93mustang50
¯
Member # 6642

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustang50  Ford pictures for 93mustang50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Taurus fan with manual switch...been using it for years on my 90 gt daily driver. Works great.

--------------------
93GT 306 H/C/I supercharged
06 Cummins 6spd
90 GT 5sdp daily driver HCI
16 Hellcat Charger
91GT aod(sold)
88GT5spd(totaled)

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dual ford contour fan assembley with a flex a lite fan speed controler no need for relays. I had a tarus fan and the amp spike was huge it would fry 70a relays every couple of months also the dual fans will provide more cfm than the single

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
diablounicorn
¯
Member # 13033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for diablounicorn  Ford pictures for diablounicorn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dcc or flex magic ($100 one) for a the controller or go manual switch.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right now I'm using Mishimoto aluminum radiator with the Mishimoto dual electric fan setup and a Hayden electric fan controller($22 at PepBoys) so far it works real good. [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com