Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 1990 lx project need help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1990 lx project need help
naked5.0notch
¯
Member # 14058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for naked5.0notch  Ford pictures for naked5.0notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys,
I have my first mustang project car which is 1990 lx 5.0 notchback. Formally was an auto 5.0 and I have done the 5 speed swap before dropping in the engine and trans this past sunday. I need a stock 5.0 for reference to see where grounds,vacuum lines, and harness wires get routed along with how the fuel lines connect from the tank to the fuel line and fuel filter line. Mustangs are new to me and this is my first v8 rwd car so getting it running soon is a big deal to me. Thanks for any help and I'm located in dublin
matt

diablounicorn
¯
Member # 13033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for diablounicorn  Ford pictures for diablounicorn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
better off googling
naked5.0notch
¯
Member # 14058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for naked5.0notch  Ford pictures for naked5.0notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very true as it will be my best source, thanks
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe tmoss has a full diagram on like
http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can help you with the wiring, is there a specific connector(s) that you are unsure of their location ?

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

naked5.0notch
¯
Member # 14058

The grounds and battery cables. Just need someone to show me where the coil,starter solenoid,and misc working go
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like a very fun project. All the diagrams you can hope for are on veryusful.com http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/#Diagrams Electrical, vacuum, harnesses, everything you need should be listed.
naked5.0notch
¯
Member # 14058

Thanks and good info. If anybody in the Dublin area can drive by with a stock 5.0 to look at for actual vacuum hose and electrical wiring routing. Will pay for time if someone local can swing by
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You might have better luck asking for someone to drive over in General Talk, or if you want to pay, in Ford Sale, but someone from the community should help you for free.
naked5.0notch
¯
Member # 14058

Thanks I will try thst

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com