Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Can some one help me with my car

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Can some one help me with my car
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have. 93 mustang gt 50 and it's started to sputtering about a month ago since then I change the dizzy with a new one new coil new plugs, wires cap and rotor new fuel filter and reg and diff injectors and clean the mass air and tried a diff ecu and new battery and alt and the car sputter about 2000-3000 rpm and kinda clears up after 3000 any ideas ??
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does it start up and idle fine?
Do you have any leaks?

Check fuel pressure, might be a fuel pump going south.
Check out all your vacuum lines. These cars are getting older and the rubber lines might develop cracks in them.

93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've check the tps and tried a new mass air still the same I'm going to get a gauge to test the fuel after that idk what els it could be
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

I have 32 at idle and it drops to 30 psi
92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is the motor stock? Maybe re-check the gap on the plugs. Plug wires aren't resting on the headers?

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Gt40p heads e303 cam bbk longtubs and gt40 upper and Lower new plugs and wires as of yesterday
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93 5.0:
I have 32 at idle and it drops to 30 psi

Your about 10 pounds low on fuel pressure

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

You think that my problem that's the only thing I have not swap out is the pump

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com