Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 93 mustang hard to start

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 93 mustang hard to start
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 93 mustang and in the pass month my is having a hard time start In the morning I've put new plugs wires and a new dizzy it will only start if I pump the gas peddle wile trying to starts and have to keep my foot in it to keep it running till it warms up any ideas ??!
93mustang50
¯
Member # 6642

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustang50  Ford pictures for 93mustang50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How does it run after it warms up? Check for vacuum leaks.

--------------------
93GT 306 H/C/I supercharged
06 Cummins 6spd
90 GT 5sdp daily driver HCI
16 Hellcat Charger
91GT aod(sold)
88GT5spd(totaled)

93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It runs fine has a random miss from time to time and seem like loss of power as well
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just like my car. Ever since I bought it. Cold start I'd have to hold the gas to keep it running but it started right up. My issue is the Ecu was probably bad. Your issue it could be your starter or a bad battery
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Both starter and battery are new also I have no codes from the ecu so I can't look it up
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check the fuel system.....fuel pressure, filter, fuel pump.
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

I got fuel and I swap out the tps and it seem to start up but I'll see I'm the morning when it's cold out side
rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Define I got fuel? On a fuel injected car you should not have to pump the gas or hold it to the floor. Are the injectors factory, or too big? I remember having to hold the pedal to the floor in a carb'd car if flooded. Air fuel spark, or ECU, did you calibrate the tps properly?

[ 2016-02-14, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: rollininmy50 ]

93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

I Chang out the tps and it starts up but now I have a random miss fire and seem to have some water in the PVC valve at the bak of the block
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Track down where the water/coolant is coming from. Small hose on top of the intake going to the throttle body, heater core lines, bad lower intake gasket?
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

I'm not leaking no coolant it's full and no water in the oil so idk and I look in side the charcoal can and it look clog up could that be ? I put a now coil on today and will drive it tomorrow

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com