Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Piston issue with DSS 4620-020 & Probe 10178-020

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Piston issue with DSS 4620-020 & Probe 10178-020
in4thewin24
¯
Member # 13648

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for in4thewin24  Ford pictures for in4thewin24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I have gotten 2 sets (kinda) of pistons for my DOHC build but both sets have issues. The DSS 4620-020 pistons issue is that I have 8 but there are 2 that are smaller than the other 6; 6 @ 3.568 and smaller 2 @ 3.566. The machine shop is telling me that the tolerances are too great to use them. I am also missing one connecting rod. The Probe 10178-020 issue is that I only have 7 and would obviously need 1 more. I have called many places trying to get them with no luck. DSS says that it is a discontinued piston they could sell me the new ones 4856X that are the new piston to replace it but I'm not sure about running 2 different ones even though they are from the same manufacturer. I have also called Probe and they do not have any lying around on 030 over and everywhere else only has full sets. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com