Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Horn no longer working on 96 cobra

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Horn no longer working on 96 cobra
alexv
¯
Member # 13018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexv  Ford pictures for alexv    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I feel like the list of problem after taking the car out of storage after 2 years is just starting, but anyway the horn stopped working a few days ago and I am not sure how to test it?

The first thing I did is checked the battery after letting the car rest overnight (about 13V) and tested the fuses in the engine bay and they were all good. Not sure what else to test..
Alternator? Grounds?

It looks like every other electronics are working fine (although the blinkers have occasionally stopped working, it seems).

Posts: 119 | From: Novato, CA | Registered: Jun 2013  |  :
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like a relay is going bad or maybe your CCRM is going bad. Ive changed a few before for issues similar to this. A 94 gt twice, 96 cobra vert, and a new edge gt.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
alexv
¯
Member # 13018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexv  Ford pictures for alexv    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where can I find the relay?
The cruise control works fine by the way.

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put 12v to the horn and see if works. Easiest way to test the horn itself.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check the horn first. You can put power to the blue wire and it should work. Just make sure the horn is grounded. The CCRM is located on the passenger side inner fender if that does end up being the issue.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

alexv
¯
Member # 13018

I will give that a shot if I can find the damn horn. I wish the previous owner didn't relocate the battery to the trunk, that's going to make it more annoying to test.

Thanks [Smile]

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

I think your car has two horns. One on each side. Those can be seen from underneath or its behind the plastic inner fender. Cant remember which is it.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

Bullitt3905
¯
Member # 905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt3905  Ford pictures for Bullitt3905    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just utilize your middle finger for the time being?

--------------------
2001 Mustang Bullitt #3905
SR springs, koni orange, steeda sts, magnaflows, 18" Bullitt wheels, grille delete, chin spoiler, 03 cf hood, JLT sri

Posts: 1067 | From: citrus heights, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com