Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » bunch of codes

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: bunch of codes
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
got these yesterday:

p0443 EVAP Control System Canister Purge Valve Circuit Malfunction
P1451 EVAP System Canister Vent Solenoid Circuit
P1132 Lack of HO2S Bank 1 Sensor 1 Switches - Sensor at Rich Limit
P1152 Lack of HO2S Bank 2 Sensor 1 Switches - Sensor at Rich Limit
P0135 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0155 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
p0409?

car runs fine, clear codes drive and when i restart it codes come back. i know if the 02 sensors were bad car would drive like crap. any ideas where to start dont want to go out n just dump parts to it

is it possible both front o2 went bad at the same time?

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
had those first 2 on my 96 changed the canister and sensor and the rubber hoses(where cracked) going in to the passengers side fender well. Connects to a hard line(small hands help)
. Changed my gas cap at same time was told it can throw the same codes if not sealed.

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

S351-R
CAFords OG
Member # 1605

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S351-R  Ford pictures for S351-R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you look at all the code descriptions they all have something in common: circuit malfunction. I doubt all the sensors decided to go bad at the same time. So, you have to look at what, if any, circuits they share (common ground, wiring harness, power source, etc.). Start with checking fuse #8, which is a 20A fuse, under the dash.
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S351-R:
If you look at all the code descriptions they all have something in common: circuit malfunction. I doubt all the sensors decided to go bad at the same time. So, you have to look at what, if any, circuits they share (common ground, wiring harness, power source, etc.). Start with checking fuse #8, which is a 20A fuse, under the dash.

ok thanks i'll check on that first,
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com