Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » oil pressure, 200 CI 6 cyl

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: oil pressure, 200 CI 6 cyl
robertrwalsh
¯
Member # 10479

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for robertrwalsh  Ford pictures for robertrwalsh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 65 mustang with the 200 cubic inch 6. I vaguely remember way back when my Dad drove a falcon station wagon with this engine, it had oil pressure issues to the point where there was an overhead oiler kit made for the engines to give better oil distribution to the top end. this engine has oil pressure issues too, which I understand is common to the breed. I lost a valve-spring-lifter-pushrod recently with only 10,000 on what was supposed to be a high-quality rebuild. is there a reasonably easy, reasonably effective fix for this issue available???

(I wish I had found a 250 somewhere and had that rebuilt, but you live and learn I guess.)

Posts: 73 | From: stockton, ca | Registered: Nov 2010  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've never heard of oiling issues with any of the Ford I6 engines. The only top oiler kit I know of to fix a top end oil delivery problem was the Y-block. Then there was the kit to change the Cleveland to priority mains. But I've never seen anything for any of the I6 family of engines.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com