Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » helicoils/time-serts

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: helicoils/time-serts
Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank.JD.Perez  Ford pictures for Frank.JD.Perez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey ca fords members, any of you ever had to get helicoils on your cylinder heads and what prices did you pay? im considering getting a car, but it has an issue with a spark plug that has blown out a second time, i believe the helicoil failed, and wanted to know what you guys have paid to have done or if you just did the job yourselves.

[ 2015-08-18, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Frank.JD.Perez ]

--------------------
1998 Ford Mustang GT SVO SC Saleen vert (sold)
1998 Ford Mustang GT PI (RIP)
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

Posts: 603 | From: Hayward/Pleasanton | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
Ray94GT
¯
Member # 13285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray94GT  Ford pictures for Ray94GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can buy a diy kit. They sell it at pepboy or autozone. I have one for one of my spark plugs and it works fine. No blow outs.
Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank.JD.Perez  Ford pictures for Frank.JD.Perez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ray have you ever done it on a modular head? also noting that youve done it yourself how would you describe the process?

--------------------
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are looking to have a mod engine done? If so I have a kit to do that repair.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

yes, it would be a c head, cylinder 2 spark plug. the car probably needs a tune up as well, but i want to make sure before i decide to pull the trigger or not for selling/buying (selling my 97/buying the 99) of the car that it wouldnt cost too much to get it diving since it would be my dd

--------------------
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

Ray94GT
¯
Member # 13285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray94GT  Ford pictures for Ray94GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Frank.JD.Perez:
ray have you ever done it on a modular head? also noting that youve done it yourself how would you describe the process?

I bought the kit and had a shop do it. It wasn't hard for them to do it. Let me know I can refer you to a shop in Fremont that can do it.
Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

Definitely, any info helps thanks guys. PMs sent

--------------------
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ray94GT:
quote:

I bought the kit and had a shop do it. It wasn't hard for them to do it. Let me know I can refer you to a shop in Fremont that can do it.
What kit did you buy?
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Ray94GT
¯
Member # 13285

quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:
Originally posted by Ray94GT:
quote:

What kit did you buy?
I got this one..

http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/9871131/00816

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com