Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Charging problems 2012 Coyote

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Charging problems 2012 Coyote
Svt Tony
¯
Member # 9959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Svt Tony  Ford pictures for Svt Tony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So as I was driving/cruising down the st the check charging system light came on!! Wtf car only has 40k but whatever.
Car was still on no prob, drove it back home fine light still on!!
So I do the old disconnect pos batt cable off and car dies!!
Bad alternator??? Must be fuck it!
order new one, replaced it still the same not charging and car dies as I disconnect pos cable??? Wtf

Mods done within few weeks
Added a little 500 watt system jl audio 500.1 amp and 2 12" kickers. Also installed hid lights.
Any ideas on what could it be???

--------------------
" u wanna play u gatta pay "

rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you check fuses ? Alt fuse maybe?
Svt Tony
¯
Member # 9959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Svt Tony  Ford pictures for Svt Tony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rollininmy50:
Did you check fuses ? Alt fuse maybe?

Yeah only one 10 amp fuse for alt sensor but good. Taking to dealer tomorrow see what happens

--------------------

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you check your grounds after installing all the new stuff?

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
Svt Tony
¯
Member # 9959

quote:
Originally posted by CoyoteMike:
Did you check your grounds after installing all the new stuff?

You mean the amp kit? Yes even peeled off paint to attach wire.
For the alt well just pos wire and harness
Grounds are good

--------------------

SacStangDriver
¯
Member # 8304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacStangDriver  Ford pictures for SacStangDriver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NEVER I MEAN NEVER DISCONNECT A BATTERY NEGATIVE ON new cars. they need the battery as a capacitor. also newer cars usually die when you do that trick. thats old school stuff. use a volt meter.

--------------------
Need sidework done at great prices? I work on all makes and models from engine work to gears. Check engine light problems too. 916 912 3493

Posts: 1217 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
SacStangDriver
¯
Member # 8304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacStangDriver  Ford pictures for SacStangDriver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that car usually has an amp sensor on the battery that will tell you if the car is charging or not. put a volt meter on the battery terminals when the car is running and check the charging voltage. if you want to bring the car to my shop i can help you. 916 912 3493.

--------------------
Need sidework done at great prices? I work on all makes and models from engine work to gears. Check engine light problems too. 916 912 3493

Posts: 1217 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Svt Tony
¯
Member # 9959

Yeah unfortunatelly Im learning as I go on these late models lol
Was not aware of all this oviuosly. The stupid fuse block on the pos side batt cable was corroded and not letting the charge come back to batt. $40 bucks and $130 diagnose from dealer but it is fixed. Thanks

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com