Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Paxton

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Paxton
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's the smallest pulley you can run on the novi1200? I'm thinking 2.95 hits the rpm limit if you spin the engine to 6500rpm.
BTLD GT
¯
Member # 5229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BTLD GT  Ford pictures for BTLD GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
make sure u take the lower pulley into account.

Daniel

--------------------
2000 Cobra R

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wondering have you dynoed it and how does the MSD Atomic's like the Novi? Sorry dont mean to tread jack.

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I put 478 down at the rear. I like the atomic, still dealing with heat issues that caused some wires to catch fire. (Whole other story there). That filter on the back of the novi next to the header causes some crazy high IAT which only gets worse the more you idle around town.

So my heat issue turned into me working on moving the battery to the trunk,replacing the carpet while I was at it, adding a cold air intake, replacing the melted wire harness that caught fire due to too much header heat , adding a dual master cylinder etc. I'm also working on ditching the low rise intake and carb box for a Vic jr and carb hat. Maybe then turn up the boost which goes back to the original post.

The car is in a current basket case status as I have taken everything apart and put nothing back together yet. Got some car inspiration yesterday checking out a buddy's ride that lit a fire under me to get all this stuff done.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com