Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Engine Builder

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Engine Builder
99BlackSVT
Member # 13943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99BlackSVT  Ford pictures for 99BlackSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are there any reputable machine shops in the Sacramento area to build a 4V out of a 99 Cobra? I can get all of the parts I just need someone that can do the machine work and possibly the assembly.
dohcfox
¯
Member # 12829

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dohcfox  Ford pictures for dohcfox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can do the assembly

--------------------
97 mustang track car
57 f100 built on 06 Lincoln navigator frame
83 elcamino d.d.
64 ford galaxie
Porsche turbo

kingdavid
¯
Member # 11179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingdavid  Ford pictures for kingdavid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Performance engines in Fairoaks is a good shop.

--------------------
1967 mustang 410W
2014 Oxford White 5.0

Posts: 305 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
99BlackSVT
Member # 13943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99BlackSVT  Ford pictures for 99BlackSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dohcfox:
I can do the assembly

I will keep you in mind when I get to that point.

quote:
Originally posted by kingdavid:
Performance engines in Fairoaks is a good shop.

I have spoken with these guys and so far, they seem to be number 1 on the list! I was just curious if anyone has any experience with them working on a Modular Engine?
dohcfox
¯
Member # 12829

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dohcfox  Ford pictures for dohcfox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I always use Morgans out my way in walnut creek, He is very through with them, not cheep but you get what you pay for. He specializes in a lot of early exotic engines. So lots of ferrari and mazeratti etc stuff I'm there. I always like to see stuff like that in a machine shop that is un replaceable. But they are slow to get your stuff back to you too. And a bit expensive. And yes the last several engines I have built have been 4v 4.6. So he has experience

--------------------
97 mustang track car
57 f100 built on 06 Lincoln navigator frame
83 elcamino d.d.
64 ford galaxie
Porsche turbo

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are two people you never want to rush....Machinsts and Dentists. Doing so will give you shotty work...and a headache! [Wink]

If you're not stuck on building your original shortblock, find a core shortblock and send it out to be built...or buy a built shortblock and swap your items over.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com