Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Ticking noise, please help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ticking noise, please help
DIBCOYOTE
¯
Member # 13870

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIBCOYOTE  Ford pictures for DIBCOYOTE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 2003 mustang by started making a very slight ticking noise this morning, it's most noticeable from 1500-2000 Rpms, my previous motor had a spun bearing so I got this motor with 78,788 miles on it, I replaced all gaskets and timing chain/tensioned and I also put in a new clutch and bearings. I've put about 10,000 miles on the motor since then. The ticking seems to be coming from the back of the engine near the bell housing, could it possibly be a bad bearing in the clutch?? Please help

--------------------
-2003 mustang gt-SOLD
-2014 5.0 :D

Posts: 105 | From: Sacramento ca | Registered: Dec 2014  |  :
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
most likely the throw out bearing

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

dohcfox
¯
Member # 12829

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dohcfox  Ford pictures for dohcfox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you push the clutch in and it goes away it's the throw out bearing. But that rpm band is the prime rpm for rod knock, I've got a motor for sale if it goes that way, I can even do a install if need be

--------------------
97 mustang track car
57 f100 built on 06 Lincoln navigator frame
83 elcamino d.d.
64 ford galaxie
Porsche turbo

DIBCOYOTE
¯
Member # 13870

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIBCOYOTE  Ford pictures for DIBCOYOTE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dohcfox:
If you push the clutch in and it goes away it's the throw out bearing. But that rpm band is the prime rpm for rod knock, I've got a motor for sale if it goes that way, I can even do a install if need be

Thanks man!!! I just went out and started up the car again but this time I held in the clutch while revving it up to 1500 and the ticking went away but when I let go of the clutch and rev it up the ticking comes back. So looks like I'll be buying a ford racing TOB instead of autozone crap. Thanks guys!

--------------------
-2003 mustang gt-SOLD

DIBCOYOTE
¯
Member # 13870

quote:
Originally posted by SLOW95GTS:
most likely the throw out bearing

Sounds like it is, thanks man!!!

--------------------
-2003 mustang gt-SOLD

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com