Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Hids on 87-93

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Hids on 87-93
FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm replacing the fog lights on my GT. Got some from eBay that are direct OEM replacement kits. I bought them because I want to go hid both fog and headlights. I talked to the guy and said you can't put hids on the ones I bought. Anyone have hids on there car and what fog light do you have? I read online that you have to cut back a piece in order to make the bulb/hid fit. Just trying to get feedback before I return these or buy new ones. Thanks

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on my old 89 gt I used an ebay hid kit and it plugged right in.. make sure you got the right bulb size.. i think its H3 if i remember correctly..

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
SacGrown89GT
¯
Member # 7435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacGrown89GT  Ford pictures for SacGrown89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have them on my 89. I did have to cut a 1/2" hole or so to male them fit. I have the stock fog lights. Its super easy. Just sounds like a hassel. I believe their is a video on it. Took me about 20min to do is all if i remember right

-

[ 2015-02-26, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: SacGrown89GT ]

--------------------
"Your shit aint hot!"
"No but its faster than your shoes"
"...."

Posts: 699 | From: SacGROWNmento | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
SacGrown89GT
¯
Member # 7435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacGrown89GT  Ford pictures for SacGrown89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want, when i get home ill take pics and post. Try and walk you through it. The video on youtube tells you to make a hole on the back of the glass and i avoided that. Let me know i can have pics up by 4:30.

--------------------
"Your shit aint hot!"
"...."

FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
on my old 89 gt I used an ebay hid kit and it plugged right in.. make sure you got the right bulb size.. i think its H3 if i remember correctly..

I found a friend that has them so I'm gonna go and test fit them. Thanks bro

quote:
Originally posted by SacGrown89GT:
I have them on my 89. I did have to cut a 1/2" hole or so to male them fit. I have the stock fog lights. Its super easy. Just sounds like a hassel. I believe their is a video on it. Took me about 20min to do is all if i remember right

-

quote:
Originally posted by SacGrown89GT:
If you want, when i get home ill take pics and post. Try and walk you through it. The video on youtube tells you to make a hole on the back of the glass and i avoided that. Let me know i can have pics up by 4:30.

Can't see the pictures. But yeah bro if you got the link you used and show me those pictures or text would be cool. Thanks again

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Great now I see it haha. That's what I want

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

SacGrown89GT
¯
Member # 7435

Sorry i didnt get a chance to get to car yet. I have weekend off so in the morning i wil be doing that for you.

--------------------
"Your shit aint hot!"
"...."

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com