Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » need help with codes 34 and 95

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need help with codes 34 and 95
91redmustang
¯
Member # 10019

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91redmustang  Ford pictures for 91redmustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have an 87 mass air notch, and need to smog it. plugged in the code reader, with key on/ engine off test codes 34 (o) and 95 (o,c) came up.

for code 34 I swapped the EGR evp sensor,didnt go away so I swapped the complete egr w/ sensor with a working one, but still getting code 34. did notice some coolant in the egr when I replaced it.

for code 95 I swapped out the relay under the driver seat, the relay on the passenger side fender and the fuel pump shut off in the trunk.

BTW... I tried erasing the codes using the code reader and disconnecting the battery/pressing on the brake with no luck. Can anyone help me out?

91redmustang
¯
Member # 10019

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91redmustang  Ford pictures for 91redmustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just in case anyone has the same codes that I did.

-For code 34 I guess the coolant that was getting into the evp sensor was causing the code.

-For code 95, I tested every wire related to the fuel pump circuits(eec relay/fuel pump relay/fuel pump) and everything was working as it should. Problem ended up being that when the car was converted over to mass air pin 19 was never connected to the output of the fuel pump relay, thus no signal monitoring the voltage going the fuel was present, causing the code 95.

93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My brother had the same on his and it was a bad vac line that came from the pass finder in to the egr/smog crap check them cuz they brake over time and ez to replace

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com