Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Another Smog question....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Smog question....
cemelevu
¯
Member # 10601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cemelevu  Ford pictures for cemelevu    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not looking for a "hook-up". (sorry Neight)

Stats on the car: E-cam, Afr 165 street heads, 1.7 roller rockers, 24lb injectors, C&l mass air meter with the correct calibration tube for the 24's, Professional Products typhoon intake.

Now for my problem. Took the car to a smog shop, ran a "pre-test" to see if the #'s would even be close to run the test. CO was in line, but the Hydrocarbons were a tad high. Like in the 130-150 range at idle (900ish). Question is, if I take the 24's out of it and replace them with the stock 19's and stock meter, would that lean it out enough to bring the HC's down to pass?

Another issue I saw was the HC's were fluctuating between the 120-150 range. Another smog tech I talked to said that the O2's are "responding slowly" and to replace them. He said that between putting the 19's back in and replacing the o2's it should pass. Is he correct?

[ 2015-02-08, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: cemelevu ]

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Post your paperwork please.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
cemelevu
¯
Member # 10601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cemelevu  Ford pictures for cemelevu    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:

Didn't run the actual test. Started to but for some reason the idle wouldn't drop below 1200. Fixed that issue today.
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cemelevu:
quote:

Didn't run the actual test. Started to but for some reason the idle wouldn't drop below 1200. Fixed that issue today.
There no way to tell if you were going to fail with out doing the complete test.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
cemelevu
¯
Member # 10601

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cemelevu:
quote:

There no way to tell if you were going to fail with out doing the complete test.
I kinda figured. I fixed the high idle issue today, going to run it again tomorrow. I will post the paperwork if it fails.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com