Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 2V head porting (Non PI)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 2V head porting (Non PI)
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who here has had Non PI heads ported?
And also how did you like them? Power numbers?
Last but not least where did you send them and what was the price to have the pair.

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sinister Mustang  Ford pictures for Sinister Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Autumnstang97:
Who here has had Non PI heads ported?
And also how did you like them? Power numbers?
Last but not least where did you send them and what was the price to have the pair.

Hey Autumnstang97,

I'm sure you're expecting this kind of response, but why are you considering a port on these heads? You cannot run an aftermarket cam in these without the extra expense of offset retainers and having the spring seats cut.

Why not just get yourself a set of PI heads, have them ported before installation and pair it with a 262-268 cam? I think this would be the better option to go with.

I hope this helps!

- Michael

[ 2015-02-05, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Sinister Mustang ]

--------------------
Message me for 1979-2015 Mustang Parts!

www.SinisterMustang.com

Posts: 255 | From: Roseville,CA | Registered: Dec 2014  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.modularmotorsportsracing.com/

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

wheelsonly
¯
Member # 10220

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wheelsonly  Ford pictures for wheelsonly    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have done several sets of all types of ford mod heads. drodarte927@gmail.com ls6 stuff but you get the idea.
 -
 -

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
believe someone is selling some ported npi heads in the classifieds. but check out:

check out modularheadshop.com

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I only asked bc I'm in the process of picking up a 96-98 non PI motor, and was going to just use what I had. I don't want to say cut corners but essentially that was I was doing.

So it looks like I'll do the PI swap. Thanks guys.

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com