Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Speedometer Gear Question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Speedometer Gear Question
fordfiveoh
¯
Member # 13107

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fordfiveoh  Ford pictures for fordfiveoh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I'm getting 3.73s installed Monday by the great Jon Duncan of Duncan Motors and I decided to install the driven gear into the t5 today so I'll be ready to roll when the gears are done. Come to find out my speedometer doesn't work at all now.

I've unplugged the speed sensor and had a buddy tell me the gauge was moving on the dash. I plug it back into the tranny, making sure the gear is engaged and fully tightened down, take it for a test drive and works for maybe 100 ft then drops back to 0 and doesn't move again.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here or is there a special trick to correcting this? Any help is much appreciated! [patriot]

Posts: 180 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Aug 2013  |  :
fordfiveoh
¯
Member # 13107

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fordfiveoh  Ford pictures for fordfiveoh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I got to take a better look at the problem today and I believe I have found it.

The drive gear isn't in place where it should be, like in the pic below. Is it possible to take a screwdriver and possibly slide it up in to place or would I end up damaging something?

-

B_stang89
¯
Member # 13695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for B_stang89  Ford pictures for B_stang89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey John, it's me Brian from instagram. It sounds like your clip on your shaft gear fell off? You would have to remove your tail shaft housing to replace the gear bro.
fordfiveoh
¯
Member # 13107

Thanks Brian! I took the trans back to John Cerini at the Sonoma Raceway and had him look at it. That clip had broken off in the trans and he replaced it for me. Got everything back together last night and everything runs like a brand new car! Thanks for the help bro!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com