Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Lost power to the ignition and interior lights!!!!!!! 92 coupe

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Lost power to the ignition and interior lights!!!!!!! 92 coupe
king_jays_50
¯
Member # 9513

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for king_jays_50  Ford pictures for king_jays_50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i got my car running but it had a misfire i drove it to work and when i got home i let it cool down for about an hour then checked all the plugs and changed the cap, rotor, and wires! I then go to start it and i have no power whatsoever to the ignition and i check the dome light, hazards, and headlights and still got nothin so i thought maybe the battery died! I then go to the solenoid for shits and giggles to see if it'll crank and it does! I'm truly baffled has anybody ever encountered something similar or know what it could possibly be????
Posts: 711 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
BTLD GT
¯
Member # 5229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BTLD GT  Ford pictures for BTLD GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like a bad ignition switch. super common failure on foxbodys. remove your steering column cover and check it out

Daniel

--------------------
2000 Cobra R

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com