Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fox sn95 rearend swap brake system questions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fox sn95 rearend swap brake system questions
White Notch
¯
Member # 13342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White Notch  Ford pictures for White Notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im swapping a 95 8.8 gt rearend into my 89 coupe and have some questions.
-I bought a 94/95 gt master cylinder (1" bore), 3-2 line conversion, and a FRPP proportioning valve (Do i need the prop valve?)
-Is a new brake booster needed for this setup?
Any help is much appreciated.

Posts: 21 | From: East Bay, CA | Registered: Dec 2013  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since you'll be gutting your stock proportioning valve the inline one is necessary. I'd run a new booster but I'm sure you can get away with the old one.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Sicarius428
¯
Member # 7236

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sicarius428  Ford pictures for Sicarius428    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You do need the prop valve. The 1 inch bore is a 93 cobra master cylinder. 1 1/16 is the 94/95 gt one. A booster is probably not a bad thing to get while you are in there. The stock booster is pretty small and not meant to deal with rear disks... The cobra booster is ideal because it is a tad smaller than the gt booster which helps you squeeze it behind the shock tower. I had to oblong the two holes towards the passenger side to rotate it in.
Kevin

89'Fox
¯
Member # 13742

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89'Fox  Ford pictures for 89'Fox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would recommend the bigger booster. And the prop valve you do need . I drove my fox until my prop valve shipped an you basically have no brakes. I would slow down with my tranny .
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Sicarius428:
You do need the prop valve. The 1 inch bore is a 93 cobra master cylinder. 1 1/16 is the 94/95 gt one. A booster is probably not a bad thing to get while you are in there. The stock booster is pretty small and not meant to deal with rear disks... The cobra booster is ideal because it is a tad smaller than the gt booster which helps you squeeze it behind the shock tower. I had to oblong the two holes towards the passenger side to rotate it in.
Kevin

What year Cobra booster is smaller than a GT booster?

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com