Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Velosity

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Velosity
Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Renzo  Ford pictures for Tom Renzo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I watch Velocity all the time and i am amazed at how fast they build those cars. They must only last paint wise for a couple of years. They do not bake out the plastic or let it settle. That is very important and naturally they are all professionals. Or maybe not all are professionals? Dont get me wrong they build some great stuff and not knocking them . But why is it every time they first try and start the engines they never start the first time. Fire spews out of the carbs and endless cranking. Then they dig in to the engine like army ants . They pull the valve covers check the valve lash talk to each other then finally figure out the Distributor is in wrong. They fix it during the commercial and all is good in the world. I personally have an ongoing bet with people that my engines start on the first crank. Me and my dad used to do this all the time after a rebuild. It just puzzles me that all these professionals can not have a first time start on a fresh engine. Just something i noticed not being critical but just makes me laugh a lot. Your thoughts gentleman

--------------------
I spend money i don't have. Building cars i don't need. To impress people i don't know.

stang up
¯
Member # 11117

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stang up  Ford pictures for stang up    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Has to be to make the show interesting.you know for the ratings thats my guess.I can relate with builds firing on the first try.number 1 on compresion stroke like my teacher said oxygen gas spark.

--------------------
88 gt
92 gt
68 cougar xr7
87 Gt roller build in the works
And a bunch of chevys

Posts: 186 | From: RICHMOND SAN PABLO VALLEJO OG | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com