Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » SN95 Front Caliper Compatible With Cobra Bracket?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: SN95 Front Caliper Compatible With Cobra Bracket?
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was just thinking earlier today. I've had intentions of upgrading my brakes to the sn95 cobra brakes for a long time. I already have the larger discs. And SN95 hub/spindle/calipers etc on my fox.

My question is, will the SN95 calipers bolt up to the Cobra Caliper Brackets? If so I was thinking of throwing the bigger discs on there & use the sn95 calipers for now. I wouldn't expect much better braking, but it would free up some room on my shelf since the bigger discs are sitting there.

Thanks,
Brandon

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nope cobra brackets only fit cobra calipers

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 70stang351w:

Damn, thought I was onto something

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

sofresh
¯
Member # 12393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofresh  Ford pictures for sofresh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
But are the pbr brake calipers compatible?

--------------------
1988 Mustang LX H/C/I

Posts: 238 | From: Bayarea, CA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can cobra calipers for like $50 each at autozone..

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was told incorrect information about cobra calipers and SN95 brake brackets when I was on hunt for cobra calipers. Like stated by everyone else,

They are not compatible.

@fiji No you can't buy them at autozone. I tried like crazy back when I was looking for my set.

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sofresh:
But are the pbr brake calipers compatible?

Only cobra brackets work for cobra calipers. And only SN95 brackets work for SN95 calipers

Charles [patriot]

[ 2014-08-05, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: KARATExxCHUCK ]

--------------------

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
you can cobra calipers for like $50 each at autozone..

I think they are PBR calipers, which are still better than SN95 calipers, Ive been considering this awhile, especially since I have a friend at the auto parts store.

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FivePTSlow:
quote:

i think everyone that starts looking in to this mod hopes for that; the brackets as stated are the hardest to find by themselves.

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:
quote:
quote:

i think everyone that starts looking in to this mod hopes for that; the brackets as stated are the hardest to find by themselves.
Does anyone make a bracket that would allow one to use the 13" rotors with sn95 calipers? I would think it would sell like hot cakes.

My old roommate was into VW's and they have many "big" brake kits that did exactly this. It came with rotors & caliper relocation brackets to allow for larger rotors with oem calipers.

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can find the cobra calipers pretty cheap at pretty much any auto parts store. Cobras share the same caliper with some vettes and a few other cars. The problem is that they don't come with the brackets anymore. You were able to find them with the brackets a few years ago, probably about 5 years or so. You might wanna call a few parts store and see if they still have some kicking around with the brackets

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Does anyone make a bracket that would allow one to use the 13" rotors with sn95 calipers? I would think it would sell like hot cakes.

My old roommate was into VW's and they have many "big" brake kits that did exactly this. It came with rotors & caliper relocation brackets to allow for larger rotors with oem calipers.

^^Hmm making me think!!!!

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com