Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » svo k member and a arms

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: svo k member and a arms
88saleenclone
¯
Member # 11775

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88saleenclone  Ford pictures for 88saleenclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Has anyone used a svo k member and a arms on a v8? The reason I ask is because I got one laying around and was thinking of refreshing my engine bay by repainting my engine and changing out some gaskets ect. But I got the svo k member in the back yard, the ball joints seem to be in good shape and was wondering if it would be a good idea to throw it in instead of the stock v8 one. I have sn95 spindles on with the pbr brakes. Any input would be appreciated thanks calfords
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People keep stock svo k member and A arms when converting to v8 on their SVO's.. SO i dont see why you cant use the SVO ones on your v8..

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
510.86.notch
¯
Member # 9892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510.86.notch  Ford pictures for 510.86.notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They say the sn95 spindle won't work with the svo balljoint.just go tubular k.there fairly cheap and your going to have the motor out anyways.

--------------------
91 mustang coupe
84 mustang svo
89 mustang.4cyl5speed.
87 thunderbird turbo coupe-sold
86 mustang GT hatch-sold-kinda
86 mustang coupe-sold

Posts: 1062 | From: san leandro | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 510.86.notch:
They say the sn95 spindle won't work with the svo balljoint.just go tubular k.there fairly cheap and your going to have the motor out anyways.

This is correct, the SVO A-arm uses a larger diameter ball joint stud than all other control arms for the Mustang so no other spindles will fit other than SVO or Lincoln

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Long answer: The problem is that the taper of the SVO ball joint is unique to the SVO spindle. You can use the SVO K-member, but if will not be an upgrade.

Short answer: NO.

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

88saleenclone
¯
Member # 11775

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88saleenclone  Ford pictures for 88saleenclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the feedback fellas guess Ima look into the tubular k member's
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stanced Stang:
Long answer: The problem is that the taper of the SVO ball joint is unique to the SVO spindle. You can use the SVO K-member, but if will not be an upgrade.

Short answer: NO.

ive heard that the svo k member drops the engine down 1/2 inch making a tad bit better center of gravity. i could be wrong cuz i didnt read this but was told this. so correct me if im wrong

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com