Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Loss of power

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Loss of power
rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Replaced FPR, replace fuel filter, pulled out all injectors and cleaned them, replaced fuel pump with a stock napa walbro fuel pump, can't remember psi on pump. New plugs, wires, no vacuum leaks , idles strong. TPS is at .96. At idle if you hold the gas pedal at 2000 rims then smash it in between 2k and 3 k it feels like a rev limiter . When driving in first gear with a load , and you smash the pedal it bill bogg out but recover. So if I wanted to do burn outs it's not gunna happen. Timing is at 10 for smog, all smog equipment is clean and free flowing. 1990 5.0 5 speed. Anyone have any ideas ?? Everything is stock. This is a 90 with an 87 long block in it. Any ideas?
Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Renzo  Ford pictures for Tom Renzo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check the back pressure and see if the cats are clogged.

--------------------
I spend money i don't have. Building cars i don't need. To impress people i don't know.

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try changing the distributor

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like a "bad spot" on the TPS you hit u a high resistance spot when driving and the signal voltage to the pcm goes down to almost nothing which instantly kills the injector pulse to bring down rpm and the vehicle falls on its face.

If you notice it happens at one particular spot of the throttle I can pretty much guarantee thats the problem

--------------------
We're here for a good time, not a long time.

rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Total fuel system clean, blew out the fuel lines, 155 fuel pump, new fuel filter, blew out the fuel rail, checked injectors, runs like a beast now. No hesitation. I'm leaning toward the filter and blowing out the lines and fuel rail to have solved it for now.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com