Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need a certified mechanic in sacramento not sacstangdriversacstangdriver (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Need a certified mechanic in sacramento not sacstangdriversacstangdriver
50kingz
¯
Member # 11006

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 50kingz  Ford pictures for 50kingz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Need somebody that knows what there doing to come fix my car asap 92 mustang
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I hear sacstangdriver the guy to go to in the sacramento area why not him??? [Confused]

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is wrong with it?? I little more info please

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
popcorn time

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
50kingz
¯
Member # 11006

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50kingz  Ford pictures for 50kingz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mean jermys a cool dude and knows his shit but bs and busy.. I took my car to his shop it sit there a month he kept puting it off for other jobs.. I pick my car up from his shop after him having it a month, it's running Hella shitty I ended up just driving it home and he was suppose to come fix it there everyday telling me he was going to come by my house and never come by for month after never showing up ! Finally he was like ima just get your car towed back to the shop cause I'll his tools are there.. Thats fine understandable.. Car gets towed back to his shop another month goes by I pick up my car and it's still running like shit!
50kingz
¯
Member # 11006

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50kingz  Ford pictures for 50kingz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ended up pulling the plugs out the car everyone gapped wrong! Smh. I tell him about it, he tells me his Cousin was helping him ... Smh
Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Renzo  Ford pictures for Tom Renzo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is it doing. That car is far from technical . What engine and explain you complaints. Can not be that difficult to figure out.

--------------------
I spend money i don't have. Building cars i don't need. To impress people i don't know.

50kingz
¯
Member # 11006

At idle car sounds good revs up doesn't sputter but when cars in gear and I get on throttle it starts sputtering about 3000-3500 rpm
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. Verify dead timing

2. make sure balancer 0 is correct. make sure it hasn't slipped.

3. it is common to have the car dead timed wrong. spark firing between two terminals. causing what you described.

4. 5 speed car?? was it a swap??

--------------------

SacStangDriver
¯
Member # 8304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacStangDriver  Ford pictures for SacStangDriver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Converted to auto

--------------------
Need sidework done at great prices? I work on all makes and models from engine work to gears. Check engine light problems too. 916 912 3493

Posts: 1217 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
50kingz
¯
Member # 11006

Timing at 10

I don't know if blancer slip

Cars a auto use to be t5

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
1. Verify dead timing

2. make sure balancer 0 is correct. make sure it hasn't slipped.

3. it is common to have the car dead timed wrong. spark firing between two terminals. causing what you described.

4. 5 speed car?? was it a swap??

try these things listed above in and get back with me

--------------------

redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea have to agree check timeing my car sounded good but ran like sh!t turned out timeing was off [patriot]

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 50kingz:
I mean jermys a cool dude and knows his shit but bs and busy.. I took my car to his shop it sit there a month he kept puting it off for other jobs.. I pick my car up from his shop after him having it a month, it's running Hella shitty I ended up just driving it home and he was suppose to come fix it there everyday telling me he was going to come by my house and never come by for month after never showing up ! Finally he was like ima just get your car towed back to the shop cause I'll his tools are there.. Thats fine understandable.. Car gets towed back to his shop another month goes by I pick up my car and it's still running like shit!

I sent a friend to him for a motor swap and had pretty similar problems. Felt bad for recommending something to my friend that didn't work out. But in fairness he's done some little things on my car fine.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
some of your guys cars are custom projects, if everything was easy u guys would do it yourselves. i have to wait on parts for months sometimes and maybe planned to have a car done and get the next in line, but the car that was supposed to be done had unforseen issues ounce it ran, i just had a turbo car that had a kit installed by the customer, and he gave up for me too finish, i had to redo the entire thing, then when i got it running the motor smoked bad out the breather because the first guy that installed the kit didnt tune the car and ran it lean an fucked it up, didnt know till i got it to run, thousands later heh lol im done but u need a motor rebuild, the car game is tough guys. patience and not buying junk will save u a lot of headaches. sac stang driver care,s about his work and in teh end that his people are happy,plain and simple. but nothing goes as planned on anything unless its a completely stock deal. gd luck either way, id say i can do some work but if your on a time schedule that where a month makes or breaks u, take it somewhere else.
chevy_killer
¯
Member # 9050

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chevy_killer  Ford pictures for chevy_killer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
some of your guys cars are custom projects, if everything was easy u guys would do it yourselves. i have to wait on parts for months sometimes and maybe planned to have a car done and get the next in line, but the car that was supposed to be done had unforseen issues ounce it ran, i just had a turbo car that had a kit installed by the customer, and he gave up for me too finish, i had to redo the entire thing, then when i got it running the motor smoked bad out the breather because the first guy that installed the kit didnt tune the car and ran it lean an fucked it up, didnt know till i got it to run, thousands later heh lol im done but u need a motor rebuild, the car game is tough guys. patience and not buying junk will save u a lot of headaches. sac stang driver care,s about his work and in teh end that his people are happy,plain and simple. but nothing goes as planned on anything unless its a completely stock deal. gd luck either way, id say i can do some work but if your on a time schedule that where a month makes or breaks u, take it somewhere else.

excuses... excuses...

--------------------
THIS
IS
A
LIST
OF
ALL
THE
COOL
CARS
I
OWN

Flatline
¯
Member # 12081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatline  Ford pictures for Flatline    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll step in and vouch for both Jon and Jeremy.

Jon helped me out for free, even went on a test drive to help me figure out a problem. (I still owe you a six pack bud)

Jeremy has answered numerous questions for me and shown me multiple examples of his work. Many peoe who have had work done by him can vouch for his quality work.

It sucks you had a bad experience but it sounds like here is more too t.

Check your timing.

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:

I agree with Duncan, NOTHING GOES RIGHT with these cars; or else the tech section here would be empty.

i Had my 96gt at sacstang drivers house for over a month, for a 97 cobra swap; had the motor swapped by the next day but when we went start the car ended up some how bending a rod and 2 valves got smacked and it was over on the first start up; Jeremy offered to give my money back and reinstall my old motor and mods that with the parts i had; he then offered me to rebuild the 97 cobra motor which in the end i choose, it took over a month but that was alot of waiting on a good set of b heads and the machine shop. Jeremy always kept me in the loop and informed. Even sold my old motor so i wouldn't have to get it back down to discovery bay.(still need to Pick up the Cash)

in the end i got a car that was more than what i expected; car drove like new...to bad the car was parted out.

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Any more info on this??
When I say check timing I mean use a piston stop and verify TDC. Then check the balancer to make sure it is at TDC. THEN check ignition timing.

that's where I would go first.

--------------------

50kingz
¯
Member # 11006

ttt still need a certified mechanic to look at my car
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

define certified [Confused]

--------------------

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
define certified [Confused]

He needs you john

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
50kingz
¯
Member # 11006

lol i just need someone who knows what there doing..
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

have you been able to try and have any of the things I suggested?

--------------------

50kingz
¯
Member # 11006

im unable to check it due to my physical condition.. thats why im looking for someone who has the time and knows what there doing...

Page: 1  2   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com