Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Wheel Spec Tech's

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Wheel Spec Tech's
Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Saleen#222  Ford pictures for Saleen#222    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anybody on here know a lot about offsets and back spacing?

I'm in the market for new wheels but don't know if they will clear my 8piston calipers. The offset and backspacing crap confuses the hell out of me and wondering if those specs will let me know if they will clear the calipers.
[burnout]

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok well we need the specs first but it sounds like you need at least 18's with 5 3/4 or more back spacing. And maybe around 30 mm of offset? I'm just spurting out random numbers but year make and model and suspension set up would be nice to know

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen#222  Ford pictures for Saleen#222    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My car is an 2003 GT/Saleen with Alcon style 8piston calipers. I emailed Wheel Replicas and they said they didn't know LoL.

Wheel Specs:
----------------------------------
SIZE: 18x8.5
OFFSET: +20 millimeters
BACKSPACE: 5.54 inch
CENTERBORE: 70.81 millimeters
PCD: 5x114.3

http://wheelreplicas.com/monthly-specials/18x8.5-black-metal-saleen-sc-motorsport-replica-wheel-94-04/

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what do you have on right now with those calipers?
Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen#222  Ford pictures for Saleen#222    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The OEM 99-04 Saleen wheels.
Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

OEM 99-04 Saleen wheels are concave so I'm skeptic of the SC replicas I would like to put on there. I've thought of buying 1 only to test but if it doesn't work, it would be a waste of money and time.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Saleen#222:
OEM 99-04 Saleen wheels are concave so I'm skeptic of the SC replicas I would like to put on there. I've thought of buying 1 only to test but if it doesn't work, it would be a waste of money and time.

Bro buy the rim though my job (big o) or even Americas tires and when it comes in go in to have it test fitted. Standard procedure for when customers buy rims is to make sure it clears the brakes and suspension components

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

That is a great idea. I'll go and see this coming week.
jr5.0
¯
Member # 399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jr5.0  Ford pictures for jr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://saleenclubofamerica.com/SCOATech/99-04.htm

This might help a little

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Saleen#222:
The OEM 99-04 Saleen wheels.

contact wheel replicas again, ask them what's the x-factor on their 18" saleen reps 99-04 and same for the SC reps. this should help determine the caliper clearance.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com