Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » AOD TV CABLE WITH CARB SETUP??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: AOD TV CABLE WITH CARB SETUP??
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought the lokar cable kick down for my 64 falcon, has anyone adjusted one of these before?

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nope need to get one for my 70 with an fmx. Heard hadto modify the adaptor if it an aftermarket intake.

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought the conversion kit. Seems pretty easy from some utubes vids.

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's a lot of crazy info out there about checking the line pressure and setting the cable based on a range of PSi, which I'm pretty sure is all nonsense. There's a good vid on Youtube that shows you how the cable was adjusted in the factory. Takes about 10 seconds.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
There's a lot of crazy info out there about checking the line pressure and setting the cable based on a range of PSi, which I'm pretty sure is all nonsense. There's a good vid on Youtube that shows you how the cable was adjusted in the factory. Takes about 10 seconds.

ya, I have read a million different ways lol.

--------------------

MADMAVERICK
¯
Member # 10959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADMAVERICK  Ford pictures for MADMAVERICK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have same setup on my maverick .I have set it over and over it does fine on street but at the track i have to unhook it . It sometimes would jump back down into second gear .lol not good on the bottle

--------------------
1971 MAVERICK grabber
1962 ranchero
2017 MUSTANG ECHOBOOST
2017 FORD ESCAPE
2005 ROADKING
2005 DODGE RAM

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

what are you running now in the maverick?

--------------------

Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Renzo  Ford pictures for Tom Renzo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The cable needs to be set with a fixed spacer to obtain app 35 psi line pressure. This adjustment is critical and the geometry of the carb throttle arm must be correct.You can mess up a tranny pretty good if this is not correctly set, A simple pressure gauge and a shop manual will show how it is dun. If you have a stock carb and linkage it is very easy. Just close throttle min travel on the tranny linkage set closed fulcrum and snap the trunnion on to the carb.Simple. Do not guess on this adjustment because it controls your line pressure and that is very critical ,

[ 2014-01-24, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Tom Renzo ]

--------------------
I spend money i don't have. Building cars i don't need. To impress people i don't know.

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

THANKS!! I figured out the thickness of the spacer. I'm gonna just make the spacer so I can set it up the correct way.. by the way the spacer is .275" thick

--------------------

Mercury God of Speed
¯
Member # 11645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mercury God of Speed  Ford pictures for Mercury God of Speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The video on YouTube WILLIT is talking about is by "Bad shoe" productions.

--------------------
Ford Blue Blood. 68 XR7 390 X code Cougar, 95 GTS(sold) 95 GT(Donor) 06' GT Black on Black(sold)

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ 2014-02-05, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: 4IDFOX ]

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com