Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 93 COBRA INTAKE INSTAL

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 93 COBRA INTAKE INSTAL
87sv5.0
¯
Member # 11488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87sv5.0  Ford pictures for 87sv5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SO IVE NEVER DONE AN INTAKE SWAP BEFORE, THERE FOR I WANT SOME ADVISE BEFORE I START RIPPING STUFF OUT AND PUTING STUFF IN, ANY POINTERS, TIPS, TRICKS WOULD BE GREAT!
-93 COBRA UPPER N LOWER
ALSO SHOULD I INSTAL THE 1 INCH SPACER THAT WAS INCLUDED? I HAVE A COBRA R HOOD THAT SHOULD CLEAR IT, ANY GAINS LOSS ON THE SPACER?
AND ONE LAST QUESTION
IM PRETTY MUCH STOCK WITH A FEW BOLT ONS
"PULLEYS,CAI,HEADERS,ECT THE REGULAR LITTLE THINGS" WOULD I SEE ANY GAIN FROM THIS SWAP AT ALL? THANKS! [burnout]

Posts: 31 | From: South bay 408 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  :
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good thing is that foxes are really easy to work on. The swap is worth 10-15 hp, I recommend getting a 65mm throttle body with that.
Its a good Idea to have a set of zip lock bags for bolts and a sharpie to label. Lastly, make sure to have the fuel line disconnect tool.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

rayski25
¯
Member # 11363

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rayski25  Ford pictures for rayski25    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some ppl leave the distrib in but much easer to do the swap with it out. Up to you if you want to reset your timing.

--------------------
66 mustang v6 converted to 351w(sold)
89 mustang lx(sold)
88 mustang gt(current DD)

87sv5.0
¯
Member # 11488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87sv5.0  Ford pictures for 87sv5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THANKS FELLAS BUT YEAH I HAVE A BBK 70MM THAT CAME WITH IT, AND IS IT REALLY THAT MUCH HARDER TO DO IT WITH THE DIS ON? I REALLY WANT TO AVOID DOING THAT
WILDMAN97
¯
Member # 9138

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDMAN97  Ford pictures for WILDMAN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I had my fox I left the distributor in. just take your time and make sure your gaskets line up to prevent doing the job twice.

This link will show some pics that will help with torque specs and what not.

https://www.google.com/search?q=5.0+mustang+intake+torque+sequence&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=jvHOUq6WMpLuqwGA9YHIDA&sqi=2&ved=0CD0QsAQ&biw=1366&bih=597

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You might think about upgrading your Mass Air tube to a 73 or 75mm if you're going with a bigger TB.
87sv5.0
¯
Member # 11488

I have a 87 no mass air [Frown]
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87sv5.0:
I have a 87 no mass air [Frown]

not really bad thing until you need a mass air.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

nasty93
¯
Member # 8935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasty93  Ford pictures for nasty93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would pull your distributor..much easier in my opinion.you want to do it right the first time and get a good seal on your lower intake gaskets..
Posts: 464 | From: windsor ,ca | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com