Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » yet more gas gauge trouble

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: yet more gas gauge trouble
robertrwalsh
¯
Member # 10479

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for robertrwalsh  Ford pictures for robertrwalsh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I put in a new gauge, new instrument voltage regulator and new sender in my 65. It worked OK though the top end was off, even when stone full it showed 2/3 full, but the gauge moved when the gas was used. Now, all of a sudden, the gas gauge reads 100% full all the time and it goes up much more quickly than I would have expected. The temp gauge is working fine, always has. The needle is not stuck, when I power down the needle drops to zero. I am GUESSING that maybe one of the gauge mounting studs is grounding to the panel but that is only a guess. Can anybody make an educated guess? thanks.
Posts: 73 | From: stockton, ca | Registered: Nov 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com