Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » pbr brakes on a fox?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: pbr brakes on a fox?
88saleenclone
¯
Member # 11775

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88saleenclone  Ford pictures for 88saleenclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I'm doing a pbr caliper upgrade on a fox and had some questions. can I use sn95 lines and any other tips. So far I already have the sn95 spindles and already grinded alittle off to fit the larger calipers. I also ordered some spacers for the ball joints since the foxs are allitle taller. If you done this upgrade just wanted to know anything to look for or any heads up. Thanks calfords
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you already have sn95 brakes on, the lines will work, get new copper washers. I like to use the sn95 ball joints and not just spacers

--------------------
91' Notch

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice!!! Good luck man. You will see a huge improvement in braking lol.
Just remember that if you go disc all around will have to upgrade your brake booster.

Charles [patriot]

Merry Christmas [Big Grin]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

88saleenclone
¯
Member # 11775

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88saleenclone  Ford pictures for 88saleenclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ill remember to get new washers! I only got the spacers because I plan on upgrading to tubular a arms and k member kit.
88saleenclone
¯
Member # 11775

I still got drums in the back [Frown] . I plan on upgrading those too but just wanted to do a simple brake job but ended up with this swap. I can thank goggle for that one lol and happy holidays haha
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I also like using the sn95 ball joints and it's not a bad idea to replace them while your there anyways

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup since your there, replace the ball joints for sn95 and you won't have to deal with spacers for the fox ball joints. Rent the tool if you don't have it and it will make everything easier.
I have sn95 spindles and PBR dual piston brakes on mines and it looks great and simple upgrade. Good luck [patriot]

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com