Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fox Heater Core Question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fox Heater Core Question
thrashed
¯
Member # 9752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for thrashed  Ford pictures for thrashed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I pulled apart the dash and decided to replace the heater core. The original is copper; seems like the aftermarket cores are all aluminum.

Anyone have problems with the aftermarket ones? Should I pop for a ford unit (not even sure if they're available).

TIA

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just be careful on install not to bend or damage the aluminum one. I've had worse luck with the aftermarket copper ones. Since the in/out tubes are welded on they're weak and break easily.

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the aluminum ones are alot smaller than the stock copper just spring for a ford stocker thats what I did

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just did mine a couple of months ago (well, had it done by SacStangDriver). I did it the first time 3 years ago and used an O'Reilly's $25 special! Never again. 3 years later, I had to do it again. Like mentioned above, the weld on the inlet tube was inferior and didn't hold. The tube just came out. I bought the OEM from the dealer for $120+ or something like that. Hoping to get 10+ years out of this one. That is the WORST job ever!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com