Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » autometer wideband?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: autometer wideband?
illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it any good? I'm looking for speed and accuracy compared to other wideband on the market. I have all autometer silver faced gauges and would like them to match.
Posts: 785 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AFX is probably one of the best.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone know the size of the afx box?
Posts: 785 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't have exact dimensions but you can make it fit nice in the dash with some fab work.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
CalBoy101
¯
Member # 13131

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CalBoy101  Ford pictures for CalBoy101    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The AFX box is around 2-3/4" wide, 1-1/4" tall and 3-1/2" deep but it also has a big connector on the back that sticks out about another inch with a fat cable coming out of it. The readout on the box is pretty big a bright, if you can figure out somehow to mount the box in the dash somewhere it would look pretty good but on my 2002 I don't really see anyplace to do that. I've just been velcroing it to the top of the dash for now, it looks like a science experiment. I went with the AFX as they are often considered the most accurate and reliable. Someone also mentioned that they don't have to be periodically calibrated like the Innovate ones but that's not the case, you do have to calibrate these ones also.

[ 2013-10-08, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: CalBoy101 ]

Posts: 34 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Aug 2013  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com