Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Want to get a group for Dyno Days (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Want to get a group for Dyno Days
Big Dave
¯
Member # 13142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Dave  Ford pictures for Big Dave    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone need a dyno? Some shops have "dyno days" where its only $50 for a dyno, rather than $80.

Anyone interested?

--------------------
86 GT Vert with some mods. Yup

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm interested providing it's not too far away from the east bay.
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im in too want to see what my car puts down without an exhaust leak lol
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
FOXX5.0
¯
Member # 9094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXX5.0  Ford pictures for FOXX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm down when and where
[burnout]

Big Dave
¯
Member # 13142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Dave  Ford pictures for Big Dave    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a call in with BRG in concord. Waiting to hear back on details and will let y'all know

--------------------

S550_Andres
¯
Member # 11083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S550_Andres  Ford pictures for S550_Andres    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Big Dave:
I have a call in with BRG in concord. Waiting to hear back on details and will let y'all know

Lmk I'm in too I want to see why my coupe does before I do my HCI set up

--------------------
86 notch coyote swapped
89 convertible 302 hci
85 notch 347 hci

Big Dave
¯
Member # 13142

BRG normally charges $125. If we get 10, they'll do for $80 each. I talked to KC, he's cool and would love to work something out. They have a database of builds to benchmark against as well, which is cool.

I also talked to TPS in San Jose, they were not so quick to do a discount. Their dynos are a little cheaper, but they seemed like they didn't care either way, you either do it our you don't attitude.

What do you think?

--------------------

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
BRG normally charges $125. If we get 10, they'll do for $80 each. I talked to KC, he's cool and would love to work something out. They have a database of builds to benchmark against as well, which is cool.

I also talked to TPS in San Jose, they were not so quick to do a discount. Their dynos are a little cheaper, but they seemed like they didn't care either way, you either do it our you don't attitude.

What do you think?

just wait on dnr performance dyno day they charge 40/50 bucks for 2 pulls
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would rather go with TPS, BRG doesn't have a good track record for me, two of my friends lost motors on their dyno.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
I would rather go with TPS, BRG doesn't have a good track record for me, two of my friends lost motors on their dyno.

hearing this from a respected OG member i'll stay away from brg
Big Dave
¯
Member # 13142

I'll check with DNR today. They are closer but I know they dont do tuning on mustangs. They specialize in imports

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I'll check with DNR today. They are closer but I know they dont do tuning on mustangs. They specialize in imports

I'm not 100% sure but I think Dave(DNR) can tune LSX motors. Plus my boys shop is the one right next to it ARP he does muscle cars has done some suspension work on my fox. They(DNR) have done dyno days before but dyno days aren't tuning days in case that's what you were thinking of doing?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[Eek!] Was that getting their cars tuned or just a dyno to gauge RWHP?? I've been there twice just to see what mine was putting down, but that was all stock the first time, then with ported explorer, new tb and maf....nothing special. Had no issues.
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Marks93:
quote:

[Eek!] Was that getting their cars tuned or just a dyno to gauge RWHP?? I've been there twice just to see what mine was putting down, but that was all stock the first time, then with ported explorer, new tb and maf....nothing special. Had no issues.
They were trying to tune both cars, first car split the block, we knew more about tuning a FAST system than they did, it was a 347 HCI with a NOVI2000. The second one was a truck with 383 N/A, I towed that thing out of there twice.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What about AED? I think they have done dyno days before.
Big Dave
¯
Member # 13142

DNR will do 5 of us for $60 each, included 3 pulls. But, they don't do A/F logging so not really what I'm looking for.

--------------------

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm down for dnr again. New motor never been on a dyno with it yet.

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
eldog68
¯
Member # 12928

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eldog68  Ford pictures for eldog68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
probably kinda far for a lot of people but I was at a UTI open house last summer and they were doing 3 pulls on the dyno for $20 or $25 bucks. no tuning allowed.
Posts: 263 | From: el Dorado hills | Registered: May 2013  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Where are DNR and UTI??
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

quote:
Originally posted by Marks93:
Where are DNR and UTI??

dnr is in hayward, and uti is in sacramento right off the 80/99 split by sleep train arena
Chava211
¯
Member # 11918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chava211  Ford pictures for Chava211    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im down to go to dnr if cool price is there. I havent dynoed my car yet be interesting see what number come out to be

--------------------
06 Mustang GT

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got a hookup quote on a dyno day in French Camp. $500 for the day, looking anywhere from 6-10 cars. They have a grill too, just gotta bring some cash, meat, beer and your car. [Big Grin]

It would be cool to get 10 cars, to cut the cost down to $50 each. The shop just needs a 2 week notice to set the date. This would be for some power numbers w/air fuel ratios. So if your serious about doing this, lets get this going! [burnout]

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what shop is it?

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

My neighbor knows the owner and called him. I didn't catch the name (kinda recall the name RPM) but google only shows one dyno shop in French Camp. Google says it's called DynoMaster. There will be no tuning. This is meant to be fun way to get some power #s, AFR's if you want them, food and chat. I plan to bring my 64 1/2 Mustang and I got a 69 Firebird lined up too, just need to fill the spots and set a date.
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gotcha got my car dynoed here

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com