Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » EGR Spacer is stuck!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: EGR Spacer is stuck!!!
sofresh
¯
Member # 12393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofresh  Ford pictures for sofresh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please help, my Egr is completely stuck to the intake and won't even budge. Any suggestions?? Tried twisting it with vice grips, wb 40, and using a rubber mallet

[ 2013-08-30, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: sofresh ]

--------------------
1988 Mustang LX H/C/I

Posts: 238 | From: Bayarea, CA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Acetone and a Syringe....

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

sofresh
¯
Member # 12393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofresh  Ford pictures for sofresh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That will work, that gasket has stuck together like its glued

--------------------
1988 Mustang LX H/C/I

NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had this same problem with my intake and it was a pain in the ass tried prying it and beating on it too.

sometimes The studs get seized up and corroded or rusted, try cleaning around the studs on the spacer and spray it with some pen PB blaster or similar.

I had to beat mine off with a mini sledge and uses some pry bars to help rock it off I was also able to get one of the studs out by turning it as the bolt was stud on it.

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
3 pound sleage hammer and a can of wd40 and start beating

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

OneFastHatch.
¯
Member # 9537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneFastHatch.  Ford pictures for OneFastHatch.  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NK2186:
I had this same problem with my intake and it was a pain in the ass tried prying it and beating on it too.

sometimes The studs get seized up and corroded or rusted, try cleaning around the studs on the spacer and spray it with some pen PB blaster or similar.

I had to beat mine off with a mini sledge and uses some pry bars to help rock it off I was also able to get one of the studs out by turning it as the bolt was stud on it.

[patriot]

--------------------
1991 fobra (slow)

sofresh
¯
Member # 12393

I will continue beating than, look like the only way

--------------------
1988 Mustang LX H/C/I

RedBaron
¯
Member # 4361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedBaron  Ford pictures for RedBaron    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got access to an air hammer?
Last time, I used an air hammer, with a hammer tip, and a piece of aluminum as a sacrifice piece. Soaked the studs with PB blaster, and GENTLY started tapping around different points on the piece. The vibration broke up the rust, and it worked off.
If you can, use a regulator to cut air flow to the hammer, helps with trigger control. Oh, and excercise patience here.

sofresh
¯
Member # 12393

No I don't have a air hammer but I will be getting some pb blaster to soak the studs

--------------------
1988 Mustang LX H/C/I

Flatline
¯
Member # 12081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatline  Ford pictures for Flatline    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PB blaster, let it soak for a while and continue to add more PB blaster.

After about a day, beat the ever living shit out of it with a rubber mallet. Try to get something wedged to pry it apart

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com