Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Billetflow flow hub pushed in too far

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Billetflow flow hub pushed in too far
lfg91
Member # 12245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lfg91  Ford pictures for lfg91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I had my coworker come help me and install a billetflow hub and pulley on my 03 cobra and he cranked it in a little passed the snout, we used the VMP puller/ installer tool and I know billetflow sells a hub removal plate to remove the hub. Is there another way I can go about removing the hub or atlest a way to back it out so it can be flush with the snout?
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would be more worried about it being aligned with the other pullies rather than aligned with the snout.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
lfg91
Member # 12245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lfg91  Ford pictures for lfg91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea it doesn't its too far in the belt won't wrap around the idler how it should, I was going by the write up on billetflows website and it says the hub has to be flush with the blower shaft
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The VMP tool won't remove it a little bit?

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
lfg91
Member # 12245

The vmp tool will remove smaller pulleys that are pressed on I believe not ones that are on with a hub

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com