Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need info or help with PBR caliper install!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need info or help with PBR caliper install!!
SikWiditMke
¯
Member # 9699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SikWiditMke  Ford pictures for SikWiditMke    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I'm installing a PBR brake set up on my 93 foxbody.

Parts list:
95 spindles
2000 Dual piston caliper and rotors
2004 Driver side and passenger side brake lines
1/4 female to 3/16 male adapter.

The issue I'm having, is the passenger side line seems to be to short. As it sits right now, it looks like I won't even be able to align it to the bracket, and mount the caliper.

I'm stumped, is there different length lines from various years? Or do I have to re align the existing hard lines?

Mike

--------------------
90 GT *sold*
92 GT *sold*
90 Notchback *wrecked and sold*
93 Ex-CHP notchback *Daily driver*

Posts: 558 | From: El Sobrante/Vallejo | Registered: Jan 2010  |  :
Chinitzzz
¯
Member # 10751

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chinitzzz  Ford pictures for Chinitzzz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You probably have the wrong side caliper

--------------------
1987 coupe -under construction

93lx4cyl
¯
Member # 10517

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93lx4cyl  Ford pictures for 93lx4cyl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^
Swap the sides

Posts: 204 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2010  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You want the bleeders pointing up.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
SikWiditMke
¯
Member # 9699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SikWiditMke  Ford pictures for SikWiditMke    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the calipers on the right side, I tried flipping the brake line, as in the way the block mounts to the caliper and it reaches that way...

So is it correct for the circular crevice on the banjo bolt block, to be mounted facing up?

--------------------
90 GT *sold*
92 GT *sold*

5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea

--------------------
91' Notch

SikWiditMke
¯
Member # 9699

Thanks guys, I got my swap finished but now I have a sticking passenger side caliper!? What would cause this?

I bled the system from farthest to closest to mast cylinder, but didn't resolve the issue.

Mile

--------------------
90 GT *sold*
92 GT *sold*

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the pad clips not properly placed, did u even check to see if the slider pins where lubed or presently stuck,brake line twisted? runner or metal lines bent? u can loosen the brake bango brake line to let fluid out to see if that unsticks it, to help with diagnosis theses thing might help..
SikWiditMke
¯
Member # 9699

^ I lubed up the slider pins and added a brand new disk hardware set, I'm gonna try the other things tomorrow after work and see if any of those help!

One of the piston didn't compress all the way, would that pin-point to a damaged piston?

--------------------
90 GT *sold*
92 GT *sold*

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com