Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Got fuel, got spark, no start!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Got fuel, got spark, no start!
Maxoctane
¯
Member # 1466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxoctane  Ford pictures for Maxoctane  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Might need a Ford tech to help me with this one. I'm working on an 89 Bronco 5.0 auto. It was running fine then just refused to start. It's got a new fuel pump and plenty of fuel is getting to the rail, it's got spark at the coil and plugs but just cranks and won't start. If I spray starting fluid in it'll backfire out the intake like it's timing but the timing hasn't been touched.
Now here's the thing, the knucklehead who owns it installed a start button on the dash. So you put the key in run then hit the button. It's also giving a KOEO code 67, PNP switch, which is probably related.
Will the PNP switch allow fuel and spark but no start? Could the ECM be fried? Ive tested the TPS and voltage is in range.
Any and all replies appreciated!

--------------------
www.maxcarauto.com
BUY/SELL/TRADE/FINANCE

93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mine did the same on my mustang and my ecu went bad it had the same prob I know it mite be diff but I say try a diff ecu

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com