Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » BBK OR JBA?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: BBK OR JBA?
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK GUYS HERE IS MY ORDEAL.

What's better BBK HEADERS OR JBA HEADERS?

ALSO,

BBK OFF-ROAD XPIPE OR BASSINI OFF-ROAD XPIPE?

BEST COMBINATION...?

I HAVE TURN DOWNS WITH FLOWMASTERS.

WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS?

AND HOW DO THEY SOUND?

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BBK

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
JBA HEADERS WITH A BASSANI.. THEY ARE BOTH TYPE OF THE LINE ITEMS. JBA HEADERS ARE EXPENSIVE AND SO IS THE BASSANI OVER THE BBK X PIPE.

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All the parts mentioned above would sound identical on a sbf fox...zero difference when your running the same mufflers,shorties are shorties and an x pipe is an x pipe...get longtubes stick with an x pipe and run over the axle tail pipes,now that's an exhaust!!!

[ 2013-08-10, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jba shorties & the Bassini. Both companies do top of the line stuff. If you do use bbk headers, make sure to get the 1 flange headers.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bassani mid pipes hang super low so be careful

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
S550_Andres
¯
Member # 11083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S550_Andres  Ford pictures for S550_Andres    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have jba headers and a bassani catted x with 40 series an I like it

--------------------
86 notch coyote swapped
89 convertible 302 hci
85 notch 347 hci

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For the price and quality of BBK you can't go wrong, I've been running the same equal length chrome shorty headers for about 6 years now and have to remove them to swap out heads and engines for repairs etc. and have had no issues bolting them back on. Same goes for their mid-pipes [patriot]

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

ALMOST STOCK
¯
Member # 10085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALMOST STOCK  Ford pictures for ALMOST STOCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another vote for JBA headers!
Posts: 94 | From: Cameron Park, Calif | Registered: Jun 2010  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you guys for all of the input!!

I decided to go with JBA and Bassani and wouldn't you know it I ended up picking up a pair of JBA Shorty headers for 40 bucks and a bassini off-road xpipe for 50 bucks

I've got my xpipe on and it sounds beast. I haven't put my headers on yet because they need studs put on and a carb sticker.

Thanks again guys!!!!

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com