Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 98 cobra belt replace

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 98 cobra belt replace
Mextang
¯
Member # 8710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mextang  Ford pictures for Mextang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have 98 cobra, with vortech supercharge, my belt just torn out and need to replace it. I don't see that much of space to work plust don't know if the supercharge has to be lose in order to put the belt? any suggestion on whats the easy way? thanks for the help.
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To remove the s/c belt you need a 1/2" inch drive to pull down on the belt tensioner. There should be a square hole on the tensioner and thats where u put the 1/2" drive inside, once in there pull down untill there is enough clearance to remove the belt. bam there u go, repeat the process for installation of the new belt.
Mextang
¯
Member # 8710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mextang  Ford pictures for Mextang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the help, now it looks like my vortech idler pulley its damage. Can i just replace the pulley or do I need to buy the bracket? plus does anyone know what kind of belt should I buy (brand & size). thanks
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mextang:
thanks for the help, now it looks like my vortech idler pulley its damage. Can i just replace the pulley or do I need to buy the bracket? plus does anyone know what kind of belt should I buy (brand & size). thanks

You can find a new idler pulley on ebay or from vortech an just replace it, u dont need a whole new bracket. And if ur belt is a 6 rib then this is the one u want http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product_variation.php?pvk=440

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com