Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Having a nitrous problem.. help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Having a nitrous problem.. help
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking for whoever is very knowledgeable with nitrous. Just hooked up a Zex dry kit on my car and the nitrous just isn't hitting.

Kit turns on, my WOT switch is set properly, vacuum line and fuel pressure regulator is setup correctly, the lines are completely clear of any obstructions, and the nozzle sprays with a solid stream. I can here the nitrous being injected while I'm WOT, but don't feel any difference. My traps were 2mph faster and my ET improved only by 2 tenths of a second with the same 60ft.

Forgot to add.. running 100 shot (46 n2o/40 vacuum) at 8* base timing and 900-1000 psi bottle pressure).

Has anybody experienced anything like this before?

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make sure the vac line are on the right way and not switched

[ 2013-07-07, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Cstang5.0 ]

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Zex sucks balls frist of all.but were is your nozzle located at
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Vacuum lines are on correctly, "intake" to the plenum, and "regulator" to the fuel pressure regulator.

Fogger nozzle is about 6 inches from the throttle body. And yes, its facing the correct way.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:
Vacuum lines are on correctly, "intake" to the plenum, and "regulator" to the fuel pressure regulator.

Fogger nozzle is about 6 inches from the throttle body. And yes, its facing the correct way.

That to far away from the t body
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

quote:
Originally posted by BIGBALLFACTOR:
quote:

You think so? Instructions say between 6-11".

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe the wrong jetting? Would a pinched line somewhere cause it? I have experience with zex and never had a issue. You should defiantly feel the hit.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BIGBALLFACTOR:
quote:

You think so? Instructions say between 6-11".
Mine is was about 6 inches away and it worked great.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleeping stallion  Ford pictures for sleeping stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What plugs are you running

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

Posts: 1650 | From: Modesto ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bypass wot switch and try again

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Autolite 24s gapped at .035"

Will do Dan.

Buddy of mine said its possible to get a bad batch of nitrous.. anybody hear of this before?

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleeping stallion  Ford pictures for sleeping stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Id personally run tr6 ngk and reprogram the zex box where did u tap into ur fuel any pics would help

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

Posts: 1650 | From: Modesto ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

quote:
Originally posted by sleeping stallion:
Id personally run tr6 ngk and reprogram the zex box where did u tap into ur fuel any pics would help

It's a dry. No fuel jet. The plugs are one step clolder gapped properly.. and I'm running cast heads

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Autolite 24s gapped at .035"

Will do Dan.

Buddy of mine said its possible to get a bad batch of nitrous.. anybody hear of this before?

Yes nitrous can go bad personal I would get rid of the zex kit an go with a nx kit it has so much better parts an you will
be happier with it.

5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are you adding fuel when you spray??

--------------------
91' Notch

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

My chip has 3-4% fuel added across the board and the zex kit adds pressure to the regulator on top of that. I'm not even going to deal with it right now. I'm sure it's something simple.. maybe a bad batch of nitrous??

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
See if you can swap bottles with someone so they can make sure your bottle has good nitrous in it.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
See if you can swap bottles with someone so they can make sure your bottle has good nitrous in it.

I will try that as soon as I possibly can. Thanks.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com