Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What do you guys think about these?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you guys think about these?
4MY8TERS
¯
Member # 7840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4MY8TERS  Ford pictures for 4MY8TERS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=230838702849

--------------------
1985 Notchback-393w Vortech
1991 Convert Lx-H/C/I-Vortech
1984 T-Top 306-H/C/I

Posts: 2337 | From: THE GOLDEN CITY AKA SFC | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
707iiii
¯
Member # 10923

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707iiii  Ford pictures for 707iiii    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They're obviously a Chinese casting based on the price and they look just like the pro comps. I have a pair of bare cnc'd procomps I may get around to using some day. If you had to run these castings I think you'd be better off getting them bare and buying your own valve train parts so you know you're not getting junk. Truth is, by the time you buy a decent valve train, valve job and make sure everything is straight you'd probably be better off buying a known good set of heads.
Posts: 327 | From: Lost Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they are probably pro-comps based the demensions, just stamped with a different name.. the reason why they are cheap is because of the material of the heads and chinese parts. they are using 2024 alloy versus the 6021 alloy that is stronger that most other manufacturers use. I personally dont have experience with these ones but i have run the tri-state cylinder head gt-40x replicas with good results, also ive ran the patriotperformance ones, they are alright, few hick-ups but overall decent. and last the edl e-streets arent bad for the money either, good fit..
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is says in the ad part brand is PRO COMP

If you buy them from Troy at FPS they are bare and he hand picks his cores. Otherwise, keep looking.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would you run them on a buget build Dan?

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by red5o:
Would you run them on a buget build Dan?

No

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com